Search Unity

How can I change two animations smooth between HumanoidWalk and HumanoidIdle ?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Chocolade, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Chocolade

Chocolade

The problem is that when it's getting to the HumanoidIdle it's changing also the characters position's. And changing to HumanoidIdle from where they stopped walking.

Also how can I make that the characters will stay at the HumanoidIdle all the time when it's getting to it in the Timeline ? I don't want a loop I want that the characters will stay Idle.

And last how can I control the speed at the time the animations switch ? So the switch between the animation will not be too fast.

In the screenshot I have the two soldiers and the woman:

Then they are walking and near the end it's changing to the HumaonoidIdle:

Then when changing to the HumanoidIdle animation it's also changing the characters position for some reason: It's moving the character to the original start position from they started walking instead make them idle when they stopped walking:

Even if I'm doing something like a transition or how it called between the animation it's just moving pushing back the characters to the original positions:

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Each clip has an offset that is used to position the clip. You can right click on a clip and say 'Match to previous offsets' and it should align the clip to the one before it.

To control the speed of the animation transition, the amount of overlap between the clips might be enough control. Hard to say exactly for your case.

I'm not sure I understand the question about staying in idle.