Search Unity

How can I change a cinemachine virtual camera position in scene view ? The camera is not moving

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Chocolade, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Chocolade

Chocolade

In the Scene view window top left when I'm trying to drag the camera on the red or green or blue I see it's changing the Position values in the Inspector and I see the camera moving but the view is not changing. The camera view in the scene and in the game view window stay still.

In the Inspector in the Body part I can change the Camera Distance and Screen X and Screen Y values and it will move the camera but all other parameters in the body don't make any changes.

I want to move the camera behind the characters.

MaxLohMusic and adnanzmn97 like this.
  2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

If you have a Framing Transposer, then that sets the vcam position in relation to the follow target according to the placement rules you set. If you want the vcam to be somewhere else, you have to either turn off the procedural placement, or change the rules so that the vcam goes where you want. You can't just drag it because CM cannot infer the placement rules from a manually-set position.

3. SerPaolo

SerPaolo

You won't be able to drag the camera in the scene view because it's locked with the object/sprite that it's following, BUT instead you can change the positions of the VM Cam inside the Inspector;'s cinemachine component:

Inspector > CinemachineVirtualCamera > Body > Screen X (or Screen Y)

Adjust the X and Y settings there and it will move the position of the camera.

Sinutella, ugotstoopt and bradido like this.
  4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

You can also adjust the vcam's rotation (in the transform) to change the viewing angle

LordFreddox likes this.
  5. LeBongo

LeBongo

Is there a way I can access these values through code?

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

vcam.GetCinemachineComponent<CinemachineFramingTransposer>().m_ScreenX = bla
    etc

ugotstoopt likes this.
  7. Bung86

Bung86

Huh?

Yecats likes this.