Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I block unwanted unityadscache folder on my device?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads' started by KreativeKat, May 30, 2018.

1. KreativeKat

KreativeKat

Good afternoon I have an android tablet

I have been recently getting two folders in my google photo app the first is Unity Ads Cache which usually has between 1 to 5 pictures and a short video like 20 sec. The other is an empty files folder. I have deleted both folders multiple times. They come back after my device has rebooted or restarted. Please note these ads are for games that I have never even heard of nor want.

Can someone please tell me how to permanently remove this as I never asked for this to be added to my photos app?

Thank you for any help.

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

We should not be using photos folder for storing cached videos for Unity Ads. Do you know which games you have been playing, which is using Unity Ads SDK?

/Rasmus

3. KreativeKat

KreativeKat

The only games that I have are candy crush soda saga, papa pear saga and cafeland... I have been playing these games for a long while. I have never had these ads folder to show up until about a month ago.

4. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

5. promptrecovery

promptrecovery

I am having the same problem except that I can't even find the pics and videos on m phone. I just upgraded to a Galaxy S9+ and everytime I upload pics to my computer I get stock photos, facebook photos of people I have never seen before and unity ad videos. I never had this happen on my previous phones with the same game on them. I believe they are coming from the only game I have on my phone Township. I looked at the link to stop them but that's pretty complicated for me and I can't find them on my phone to even start doing anything about it. They just show up on my photo uploads. Please help. I take photos for my job and it's time consuming to have to go through and delete so many extra photos all the time. It's also very very very annoying.

6. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Unity Technologies