Search Unity

How can I assign an input device to a specific player?

Discussion in 'Input System' started by antoniob98, Feb 1, 2020.

1. antoniob98

antoniob98

Hello everyone,
    I'm trying the new input system in Unity, it's really amazing. I'd developing a little local multiplayer game and I was wondering, how can I assign a specific input (gamepad, keyboad etc.) to the player?
    I want to thank everyone in advance and sorry for my English.

Antonio

2. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Depends on what your setup is.

With PlayerInput, either spawn the players with the given devices or switch devices on the existing PlayerInput instances.

Code (CSharp):
    1. // Spawn players with specific devices.
    2. var p1 = PlayerInput.Instantiate(playerPrefab, controlScheme: "Gamepad", pairWithDevice: Gamepad.all[0]);
    3. var p2 = PlayerInput.Instantiate(playerPrefab, controlScheme: "KeyboardMouse", Keyboard.current, Mouse.current);
    5. // Switch devices later.
    6. p1.SwitchCurrentControlScheme("KeyboardMouse", Keyboard.current, Mouse.current);
    With the generated C# wrappers, assign the devices for the player to "devices" property.

Code (CSharp):
    1. m_Actions = new MyPlayerActions();
    2. m_Actions.devices = new[] { Keyboard.current , Mouse.current };

EDevJogos likes this.
  3. alterego_devstudios

alterego_devstudios

Rene please could you help me?
    I am triying to assing two different controllers without spawning the players with this part of your code : "p1.SwitchCurrentControlScheme("KeyboardMouse", Keyboard.current, Mouse.current);". The problem came when both controllers are ps4 controllers and both players dont distinguish each controller. If I spawn the players there are not any problem, but I do not want to do this.
    Thank you :).

4. lordofcarrots

lordofcarrots

I am having the same problem, can anyone help?

5. coatline

coatline