Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I add a Rigidbody to a Mixamo.com character without using Is Kinematic ?

Discussion in 'Physics' started by dubiduboni_unity, Feb 11, 2019.

1. dubiduboni_unity

dubiduboni_unity

I downloaded a character from Mixamo.com
    The character have Animator and a Rigidbody and a Box Collider.
    The mode I downloaded name is: medea_m_arrebola

In the Animator in Avatar I'm using the medea_m_arrebolaAvatar
    In the medea_m_arrebolaAvatar in the the Inspector in the Rig tab Animation Type is Humanoid and Avatar Definition is Create From This Model

In the Animator I'm using a State name Walk and in the state using HumanoidWalk animation.
    So when the game is start the medea_m_arrebola character start walking forward.

The medea_m_arrebola enter doors the doors open and close fine.
    I need a Rigidbody on my character to be able to make the character open doors.

The problem is that if I'm not using Is Kinematic on the medea_m_arrebola character Rigidbody the character will either float in the air rotate will get crazy or not move at all. I must enable true using the Is Kinematic.

But if I'm using Is Kinematic it will make the character and the characters near him to shake/stuttering.
    If the Is Kinematic is off enable false then it will not shake/stuttering but also won't move.

I will upload a short video soon showing it. But I think I explained the problem as much as I can.