Search Unity

How about letting us host our own private version of UCB?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by Freezy, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Freezy

Freezy

I dislike the security implications related to cloud storage or having my repo's accessible online anywhere.
    Letting a third party access all the raw materials needed for a game is also triggering all my paranoia alerts.
    I would much rather have a private UCB to run on a local server in the network that cranks out builds.

Perhaps Unity could just offer a pre-configured script that starts command line builds for different platforms.
    Or how about not-clearing out the cache / library when switching platforms (reducing re-import time).
    The team license is a bit much if all I want is the cache server bit.

Sure you could allow access to all your source materials protected with a username and password, hopefully also using high security HTTPS with IP range filters. But I will not be one of those people.

Sorry to be such a nay-sayer.

StarManta likes this.
  2. StarManta

StarManta

Or (and I hate to keep harping on this) that could be a good feature of the Unity Asset Server license.

3. PlanetTimmy

PlanetTimmy

It's not that tricky to set up yourself with Jenkins ( http://jenkins-ci.org/ ), especially if you you're targeting a desktop platform.

4. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

@Freezy - I understand. For the record, we take security VERY seriously, and have many precautions in place. For more details you can contact Unity directly to ask any questions you may have.