Search Unity

Houdini Engine Issues with Curves in Unity

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by Frozz_Tiz, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Frozz_Tiz

Frozz_Tiz

Hello, I am using Unity 2018.3 and Houdini 17. I have an issue with Houdini Engine in Unity when I use curves in my tools. I created a tool to generate path that affect Terrain height (like in Unreal).
    But when I import my HDA There is an issue with my curve, "System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format".
    I followed The Houdini Engine Documentation for Unity to create it.
    And If I import my tool in Unreal engine everything works fine, I can see my terrain in the viewport and edit the curve.

So I would like to know if someone has an idea on how to resolve this issue ? ^^
    Thanks for your help.

Attachement : (screen of the error in unity and editable node window in houdini)

2. Val-B

Val-B

Hi, I have exactly the same issue since today.
    Unity 2018.3.6f1, houdini 17.0.460
    Yesterday, everything was working fine. I just updated HDRP to 4.10, but I don't see why it would be related.

3. Val-B

Val-B

Ok I fixed it by installing the latest Houdini version AND the latest Unity one. However, the readmes don't explain what changed around HEU_Curve.

4. Val-B

Val-B

Well, The error is back. Very strange.

5. Frozz_Tiz

Frozz_Tiz

Yes, that's a very strange issue ^^. My project was not in HDRP and it never worked for me :/
    And I also have the same versions of Houdini and Unity. I also tried to change to older version (2018.3.2 and 17.0.352) but the error stay too :/

Next week I will try it at school with my teacher, I will see if they know how to resolve it

6. Val-B

Val-B

As it's a string to float conversion error, it may be related to environment culture. However, Unity seems to lock the enviro culture to US-us, so I don't get why it throws an error.

7. Val-B

Val-B

Ok here's my fix: I forced the culture environment in the HEngine script itself.
    upload_2019-3-8_11-19-43.png

Dieedi likes this.
  8. Frozz_Tiz

Frozz_Tiz

OMG Thank you it works ! thank you

9. Dieedi

Dieedi

Thank you, do you know if it has been fixed ?

10. Val-B

Val-B

@Dieedi
    A bit late but... yes it did. The fix was added into a daily build a few days after, and several production build were released since then.

11. pmitache

pmitache

Question : did you guys have to buy the Houdini Commercial license, in order to use it ? The free version does not seem to work. Getting a lot of errors when setting it up in Unity.