Search Unity

HOTween: a fast and powerful Unity tween engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Demigiant, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Braza

Braza

I understand, sorry for making you do it in a hard way.

Still getting error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. Holoville.HOTween.Tweener.Rewind (Boolean p_play, Boolean p_skipDelay) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__HOTween.Assembly/HOTweenV1/Tweener.cs:979)
    3. Holoville.HOTween.Tweener.Rewind (Boolean p_skipDelay) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__HOTween.Assembly/HOTweenV1/Tweener.cs:290)
    4. Holoville.HOTween.Tweener.Rewind () (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__HOTween.Assembly/HOTweenV1/Tweener.cs:279)
    5. Holoville.HOTween.Sequence.TweenStartupIteration () (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__HOTween.Assembly/HOTweenV1/Sequence.cs:890)
    6. Holoville.HOTween.Sequence.Startup () (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__HOTween.Assembly/HOTweenV1/Sequence.cs:917)
    7. Holoville.HOTween.Sequence.Update (Single p_shortElapsed, Boolean p_forceUpdate, Boolean p_isStartupIteration, Boolean p_ignoreCallbacks) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__HOTween.Assembly/HOTweenV1/Sequence.cs:655)
    8. Holoville.HOTween.Core.ABSTweenComponent.Update (Single p_elapsed) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__HOTween.Assembly/HOTweenV1/Core/ABSTweenComponent.cs:954)
    9. Holoville.HOTween.HOTween.DoUpdate (UpdateType p_updateType, Single p_elapsed) (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__HOTween.Assembly/HOTweenV1/HOTween.cs:2252)
    10. Holoville.HOTween.HOTween.Update () (at D:/DG/_Develop/__UNITY3_CLASSES/_Holoville/__HOTween.Assembly/HOTweenV1/HOTween.cs:734)
    There's nothig special in my project yet (except few purchased 3rd party prefabs). Could you probably check the SFS2X deployment guide and say if you can do it locally so that I could provide you the code as is? It's really simple. Project is ~1.5Gb though. With this way you'll be able to replicate the issue. Tonns of excessive code would be around, but it is up to you to agree or disagree...

2. Airan

Airan

I am using the standard Unity GUI e.g.

Code (csharp):
    1. if(GUI.Button(new Rect( etc...))
    What I've tried so far is instantiate the Rect from one Class, then reference it via a public variable from that Class into another 'Fader' class.

Code (csharp):
    1. HOTween.To(rect, 1f, new TweenParms().Prop("color", new Color(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f)));
    But then I realized that Rect doesn't actually have a color property. I've read that you can change the color via GUI.Color but that seems to be a static GUI property. I only want to change the alpha on my button menu and nothing more (no GUI textures etc). Am I mis-understanding how Unity GUI works?

3. Demigiant

Demigiant

@omatase AutoKill is set is attached to TweenParms. For example:
    Code (csharp):
    1. HOTween.To(myTransform, 2, new TweenParms()
    2.    .Prop("position", new Vector3(0,1,1))
    3.    .AutoKill(false)
    4. );
    That said, the way you're doing it should still work. What specific operations are not working?

@Braza There might be no need for test the project directly. The log you got this time gave me additional insight, and the version I'm attaching should work. Let me know.

@Airan I'm afraid that yes, you're misunderstanding Unity GUI (at least the version before Unity 4.6). It's a great GUI system but only for prototyping, so it doesn't include ways to change the alpha of buttons and things like that. I suggest you get the latest 4.6 beta and start using the new GUI, if you want to make it final.

4. Braza

Braza

Can't see the attachment :)

5. Demigiant

Demigiant

Ouch sorry :B

Attached Files:

Braza likes this.
  6. Braza

Braza

Izitmee, good job! Thanks a lot, no exceptions now. Rest of the bugs are my fault I guess.

7. Demigiant

Demigiant

Great! Gonna release it officially soon then :)

8. omatase

omatase

I saw mention of the params in the documentation but I don't believe I can use that because I have constructed my tweens using the Inspector interface and there doesn't seem to be a place in the Inspector to override those parameters.

That's why I'm doing it the way I'm doing.

Here's what's happening.

When I run the "ShowMatches" tween it plays fine. My image moves on its Y axis. When I call "HideMatches" it returns it to its original position. When I call "ShowMatches" again nothing changes on the image. The Y value doesn't change at all.

Here's the entirety of the code I'm using.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEngine.UI;
    3. using System.Linq;
    4. using System.Collections;
    5. using System.Collections.Generic;
    6. using Holoville.HOTween;
    8. public class TeamView : MonoBehaviour {
    10.     private bool _showingMatches = false;
    12.     void Start()
    13.     {
    15.         foreach (var current in HOTween.GetAllTweens().Where(a => new List<string> { "ShowMatches", "HideMatches" }.Contains(a.id)))
    16.         {
    17.             current.autoKillOnComplete = false;
    18.         }
    19.     }
    21.     public void TogglePlay()
    22.     {
    23.         if (!_showingMatches)
    24.         {
    25.             _showingMatches = true;
    26.             HOTween.Play("ShowMatches");
    27.         }
    28.         else
    29.         {
    30.             _showingMatches = false;
    31.             HOTween.Play("HideMatches");
    32.         }
    33.     }
    35. }

9. Demigiant

Demigiant

You have two different tweens and you're playing and thus completing them both. Play won't have any effect unless you rewind them.

You should do something like this instead:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     public void TogglePlay()
    2.     {
    3.         if (!_showingMatches)
    4.         {
    5.             _showingMatches = true;
    6.             HOTween.Rewind("ShowMatches");
    7.             HOTween.Play("ShowMatches");
    8.         }
    9.         else
    10.         {
    11.             _showingMatches = false;
    12.             HOTween.Rewind("HideMatches");
    13.             HOTween.Play("HideMatches");
    14.         }
    15.     }
    Or you could just play the same tween first forward then backwards and so on, if it's compliant to your animations.

10. omatase

omatase

Oh my goodness, of course! Sorry, that was a simple question.

11. tawsm

tawsm

Hi,
    i am having a little problem with my hotween and the new unity gui. I want to change the color over time on an image.
    Before the new gui i just got the renderer and did renderer.color ....
    now i get the Image component and do Image.color ...
    It all works codewise, i get the color and so on, then i do this tween:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. // sequence title
    2. if (title != null) {
    3. seqTitleFade.AppendInterval (titleDelayFade);
    4. seqTitleFade.Append(HOTween.To(titleColor, titleDurationFade, new TweenParms()
    5.                                    .Prop("color", titleColorOrg)
    6.                                    .Ease(EaseType.EaseInCubic)));
    7. }
    8. // play sequences
    9. if (title != null)
    10. seqTitleFade.Play();
    and i get this error:
    is the problem the Propname? If so, how do i fix this?

12. Demigiant

Demigiant

@tawsm You are trying to tween the color property of a color (titleColor.color) instead than of an image. If your image is called "Image", then you should write "Image" in place of "titleColor".

13. omatase

omatase

Trying to use HOTween to move some of the new Unity UI elements around and am having difficulties that I didn't with other types of objects.

I have UI Panel at x position -1741. I have two tweens on the panel. One moves it to position 0 with Id "ShowWaitingForMatchesBackPanel". The other moves it to position -1741 again with Id "HideWaitingForMatchesPackPanel". I'm able to trigger the first tween, but the second one doesn't fire. I don't get any error messages but nothing happens visually. The x on the panel stays at -1741. Are there known issues with UI elements being moved around with HOTween?

Here's my code:
    Displaying the panel:

Code (CSharp):
    1. HOTween.Rewind("ShowWaitingForMatchesBackPanel");
    2. HOTween.Play("ShowWaitingForMatchesBackPanel");
    Hiding the panel:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. HOTween.Rewind("HideWaitingForMatchesBackPanel");
    2. HOTween.Play("HideWaitingForMatchesBackPanel");
    This code is NOT on the control that I've attached the Tweens to in the editor but it hasn't seemed to matter in terms of running "ShowWaitingForMatchesBackPanel" so I am assuming it's fine. The tweens are all found when I use:

Code (CSharp):
    1. HOTween.GetAllTweens();
    This shows my tween definitions:

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  14. Demigiant

Demigiant

I see you have AutoKill enabled ("Auto x"). Maybe you're calling "HideWaitingForMatchesBackPanel" before the other one and don't realize it's playing, and after that it won't play again because it's been killed? Try to uncheck "Auto x": that should work.

15. omatase

omatase

Thanks Izitmee, it's working now!

16. woshihuo12

woshihuo12

can hotween has the safe mode like dotween..so:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     private void DoReward()
    2.     {
    3.         seqForAnim = new Sequence(new SequenceParms().UpdateType(UpdateType.TimeScaleIndependentUpdate).OnComplete(OnItemAnimEnd));
    4.         if (mItemGo[4] != null)
    5.         {
    6.             seqForAnim.Append(HOTween.To(mItemGo[4].transform, 0.2f, new TweenParms().Prop("localPosition", new Vector3(160f, 0f, 0f)).Prop("localScale", Vector3.zero)));
    7.         }
    8.         if (mItemGo[3] != null)
    9.         {
    10.             seqForAnim.Append(HOTween.To(mItemGo[3].transform, 0.2f, new TweenParms().Prop("localPosition", new Vector3(250f, 0f, 0f)).Prop("localScale", Vector3.zero)));
    11.         }
    12.         if (mItemGo[2] != null)
    13.         {
    14.             seqForAnim.Append(HOTween.To(mItemGo[2].transform, 0.2f, new TweenParms().Prop("localPosition", new Vector3(330, 0f, 0f)).Prop("localScale", Vector3.zero)));
    15.         }
    16.         if (mItemGo[1] != null)
    17.         {
    18.             seqForAnim.Append(HOTween.To(mItemGo[1].transform, 0.2f, new TweenParms().Prop("localPosition", new Vector3(420f, 0f, 0f)).Prop("localScale", Vector3.zero)));
    19.         }
    20.         if (mItemGo[0] != null)
    21.         {
    22.             seqForAnim.Append(HOTween.To(mItemGo[0].transform, 0.2f, new TweenParms().Prop("localPosition", new Vector3(510, 0f, 0f)).Prop("localScale", Vector3.zero)));
    23.         }
    24.         seqForAnim.Play();
    25.     }
    when the mItemGo[?] destroyed somehow, the Sequence kill him self to don't report error about tween object is null or destroyed..

17. OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Hi
    Hoping someone can help this newbie to Hotween.

I'm trying to shake a game object.

I have the following code on the object I want to shake...

Code (csharp):
    2. voidAwake()
    3. {
    4. parms = newTweenParms ();
    5. }
    7. voidStart ()
    8. {
    9. parms.Delay (delay); //delaythetween
    10. HOTween.Shake(gameObject.transform, durationTime, parms);
    11. }
    But on play it tells me "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

What am I missing here?

Thanks

18. Demigiant

Demigiant

@woshihuo12 I'm sorry but I don't plan to implement safe mode in HOTween. DOTween was built with safe mode in mind since the beginning, so the architecture is made so everything can be safe-checked. HOTween on the contrary would require some major changes to implement that. I'm afraid you'll have to pay attention about when an object is destroyed and destroy any relative tween (if you find your objects are kind of "lost" in your code, you could always add a MonoBehaviour to that transform you tween, implementing a "kill tween" method inside OnDestroy) :p

@OceanBlue You need to also add the Prop method to parms, which tells what property to tween:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. voidStart ()
    2. {
    3. parm.Prop("position", Vector3.one); // tween what
    4. parms.Delay (delay); //delaythetween
    5. HOTween.Shake(gameObject.transform, durationTime, parms);
    6. }

19. OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Cheers lxi

20. zhuchun

zhuchun

Hi, I'm trying to create a bezier curve(for lag fix purpose), but HOTween curve seems make the gameobject go through every points. How can I generate a bezier curve in HOTween? Is there any easy way(like Shake())? Thanks.

21. Demigiant

Demigiant

@zhuchun Sorry but HOTween supports only Catmull-Rom curves, not bezier.

22. zhuchun

zhuchun

OK, I will find another workaround, thanks for reply :)

23. Wonlock Chun

Wonlock Chun

Hi, I'm using HOTween Visual Editor.
    But, Ease Elastic movement is too big...
    So, I hope to add the following options, please. :)

HOTweenVisualEditor.png

24. Bllly

Bllly

Hey Izitmee!

I am using your HOTween library: thanks for all the hard work and support. Sometimes it's hard to find if a feature ( like is2D() ) is supported, so you might want to consider updateing http://hotween.demigiant.com/hotweenAPI/ .

Keep it up!

25. Demigiant

Demigiant

@Wonlock Chun Hi! When default eases are not good enough, I would actually recommend to set the ease to AnimationCurve, so you can manipulate the spline of your ease with, uh, ease (sorry for the pun) :)

@Bllly Ooops Heya! I will update that! By the way, a reminder: HOTween v2 (DOTween) is out since a while :)

26. shaarptooth

shaarptooth

First of all. HOTween is amazing, thank you for providing such a quality product open source.
    I poked around but couldn't find quite what I'm looking for. Does anyone know if the following exists:

Writing the HOTween code is super easy but I'm more of a programer than an animator. For example the other day I wanted an item to behave a bit like an OSX icon, doing a nice bouncy thing. I tried many things but couldn't really get quite when I was envisioning. It'd be great if there was a collection of common animation sequences wrapped up in functions or a static class, something like that. Does this already exist?

Many thanks

27. Demigiant

Demigiant

Hey @shaarptooth, I don't know how the OSX icons bounce, but did you see that you can use various ease types or even custom AnimationCurves? Check out the Ease TweenParm.

28. shaarptooth

shaarptooth

@Izitmee thanks for your reply. Yes I have played with both. Its not a limitation of the library I'm basically just looking for canned tween sequences. (perhaps something like the Unity Wiki ). Its partly me being lazy and partly my lack of animation skills. If nothing is coming to mind don't worry about it. I'll just practice more.

29. Demigiant

Demigiant

Oh I understand now. I'll let you to the other users to see if they have something like that then :) Just a guess, since I now understood what you meant with OSX bounce. Did you try creating a FROM tween with an outBounce ease type? That might do the trick.

30. Bllly

Bllly

Yeah I know, but I need the Vector3Path stuff, so unfortunately DOTween it is not an option yet.

31. micopley

micopley

How do you make a tween that can be shared by different game objects? It appears that Editor crafted tweens are bound to specific objects and played back by id. Coded tweens of course can be scripted and bound to whatever object we choose.

What we would like to do is have an Editor crafted tween that can be applied at runtime to any object that the code chooses? I can't seem to find any examples or APIs that support this, can it work this way? Thanks!

32. Demigiant

Demigiant

@Bllly Oops, than no, still not present. But just so you know, I have the new Vector3Path DOTween-way complete and am just testing it (and probably in the end I will release it in the basic version).

@micopley Sorry but that can't be done. It would be a biiiiig architecture change to allow that in the Visual Editor, and now that I moved to HOTween v2 (DOTween) I don't plan to make such big changes for HOTween v1.

33. jestermaximusJr

jestermaximusJr

Hello, I've been using HOTween with Simple Waypoint System for a little while now but have hit a roadblock. I have objects accelerating and decelerating as they traverse a path (using the UpdateSpeed() function in SWS, which in turn changes HOTween's timescale). Is it possible to know how far (in Unity units) an object has moved along a path, if its speed (i.e. timescale) has been changing? Thanks!

34. Demigiant

Demigiant

@jestermaximusJr Hi. There is no built-in function to do that, but one way to do that would be for you to use an Update loop to calculate how much your object moved in each frame, then add it to a "distance" variable.

Baroni likes this.
  35. BigToe

BigToe

36. Demigiant

Demigiant

I answered odolphie with a solution + best practices right under his post.

37. BigToe

BigToe

Thanks. I did see that. I just had a case where I had a prefab that was in the scene multiple times...But I wanted to start the animations on each prefab different times based on other events. Right now I feel like would need to provide unique animation IDs for each prefab if I wanted to do that and call play with the static call.

Whereas grabbing the list of tweeners of the prefab on awake would allow me to call play on those tweens directly whenever I wanted without having to rename IDs. I am probably missing something, or should just be doing it all in code.

38. Demigiant

Demigiant

Then you can certainly do that. But you have to prevent the Component from being automatically destroyed on startup (see picture below, the button inside the red rectangle must be disabled). I just realized I should've specified this in the instruction, sorry. I did that now.

autodestroy-button.png

Also, use Start and not Awake to get the tweens, otherwise they might have not yet been created.

39. jestermaximusJr

jestermaximusJr

Thanks for the reply Izitmee. I think I can calculate the % complete of the tween by doing tweener.position/tweener.duration and SWS provides a function to calculate the path's total distance. So multiplying the % complete and total distance should give me the distance travelled each frame. This appears to work for my purpose Thanks again! And great plug in.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  40. Demigiant

Demigiant

Glad you have a solution, and glad you like the plugin :)

41. BigToe

BigToe

Thanks. Makes sense. I was fixated on the destroy after play for each tween and overlooked this.

42. silentslack

silentslack

Hey man,

I'm having a casting problem when attempting to animate a property value. I have used Reflection to Get/Set property values but when I try to animate using HOTween I get an invalid cast exception. If I use the uncommented SetValue() method the code works fine.

Code (CSharp):
    1. FieldInfo[] finfos = type.GetFields(flags);
    2.         foreach (var finfo in finfos)
    3.         {
    4.             // Animate the property
    5.             HOTween.To(comp, animateTime,  finfo.Name, finfo.GetValue(other));
    6.             //finfo.SetValue(comp, finfo.GetValue(other));
    7.         }
    Here is the error log if it helps:

43. Demigiant

Demigiant

@silentslack Hiya! HOTween can animate only public properties/fields, so I suppose you're trying to animate a private variable?

44. silentslack

silentslack

Ok thanks! Helped me find where the issue was - the BindingFlags are causing the error but seems to be a combination of 'BindingFlags.Public | BindingFlags.Instance'.

If either are used on their own the error goes but then my properties don't animate :(
    If I use the SetValue method with both Public & Instance flags, my properties update and no cast error raised. Could this be a bug someplace?

45. Demigiant

Demigiant

Mhmm another possibility is that you're trying to animate a type that is not supported by HOTween, but it supports everything I could think of. Can you tell me more about the property you want to tween? What's its type? And what should be the value of "finfo.GetValue(other)"?

46. silentslack

silentslack

I'm looping through all fields of the component so quite possibly but it looked from the warnings that tweens weren't being created for any non-tweenable properties?

I'm attempting to copy all component variables from one to another, animating any variables IF they can be animated. It looked from the warnings that your code was taking care of that bit for me.

Code (CSharp):
    1.  public T GetCopyOf<T>(Component comp, T other, float animateTime = 0) where T : Component
    2.     {
    3.         var type = comp.GetType();
    4.         if (type != other.GetType()) return null; // type mis-match
    5.         BindingFlags flags = BindingFlags.Instance |BindingFlags.Public;
    6.         PropertyInfo[] pinfos = type.GetProperties(flags);
    7.         foreach (var pinfo in pinfos)
    8.         {
    9.             if (pinfo.CanWrite)
    10.             {
    11.                 try
    12.                 {
    13.                     object value = pinfo.GetValue(other, null);
    14.                     HOTween.To(comp, animateTime, new TweenParms().Prop(pinfo.Name, value));
    15.                     //pinfo.SetValue(comp, pinfo.GetValue(other, null), null);
    16.                 }
    17.                 catch { } // In case of NotImplementedException being thrown. For some reason specifying that exception didn't seem to catch it, so I didn't catch anything specific.
    18.             }
    19.         }
    20.         FieldInfo[] finfos = type.GetFields(flags);
    21.         foreach (var finfo in finfos)
    22.         {
    23.             // Animate the property
    24.             HOTween.To(comp, animateTime,  finfo.Name, finfo.GetValue(other));
    25.             //finfo.SetValue(comp, finfo.GetValue(other));
    26.         }
    27.         return comp as T;
    28.     }

47. Demigiant

Demigiant

That is a very interesting thing you're doing :) Can you manage to replicate the error in a small barebone project and attach it here, so I can check it out and see what's happening?

48. silentslack

silentslack

Sure I will put something together now and send your way. The idea is to have a kind of ImageEffectsManager, that holds a variety of different ImageEffects setups that can then be applied to the main Camera. Thanks dude, I'll PM you a link.

49. Demigiant

Demigiant

NEW UPDATE 1.3.380
    • HOTween won't consider boolean values as valid animateable objects anymore
    • Added more safe checks on some operations
    I'll also once more remind you that DOTween (HOTween v2) is out, in an almost complete alpha :)

@silentslack This fixes your issue.

50. silentslack

silentslack

Awesome dude, can't thank you enough :)