Search Unity

HOT RELOAD - Edit Code Without Compiling!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by reese015, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Cloudwalker_

Cloudwalker_

What is the reason behind requiring Unity plus for certain tiers if you are not affiliated with Unity?

2. PencilBow

PencilBow

Unity Plus is not required to use the Indie tier. You can technically buy any of our plans even though you use Unity Personal.

We aligned our pricing with Unity because we thought it roughly aligns with the value Hot Reload brings for each company. Bigger studios generally have bigger projects, which means slower iteration times and more time lost on each compile. On top of that, missed deadline for bigger studios often have higher opportunity cost.

But feedback from the community has been clear, the original pricing didn't fit small/medium studios. We're still not 100% sure what further changes would make the price make sense financially for most people, so feedback is very much appreciated. Especially interested in country/region, team size, which Unity License is used, and how much time the tool saves you.

To summarize the current offer:

- Everyone gets 7days free trial with unlimited use
    - Afterwards, everyone gets 2hrs/day use for free. forever

- Unity Personal users get unlimited use for free. forever
    - Unity Plus users can get unlimited use for $24.99/mo (yearly)
    - Unity Pro/Enterprise users can get unlimited use for $79.99/mo (yearly)

andreiagmu, Ghat-Smith and iPhiI like this.
  3. Sandler

Sandler

saw the ad on reddit. first time in my life i clicked on an ad.

want to test it but i run into issues (Unity 2020)

my projects main sln seems to have all entries twice. Not sure why though:
    "Microsoft Visual Studio Solution File, Format Version 12.00"

Project("{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}") = "VoxelBusters.EssentialKit", "VoxelBusters.EssentialKit.csproj", "{307969DB-FA5E-5729-C8F9-67C5A64DDBE2}"

Project("{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}") = "VoxelBusters.EssentialKit", "VoxelBusters.EssentialKit.Player.csproj", "{DFE64220-8A91-4AE9-52BA-DC113318B224}"

That breaks the initalizing process. Any idea if its save to remove one of these?
    It seem to be a very old snl format.

Edit: Im not sure whats the issue, when trying to start the auto loader i get this error msg:
    MsBuildProjectLoader: 168
    The solution file has two projects named \"VoxelBusters.EssentialKit\"

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  4. PencilBow

PencilBow

Hi. Thanks for reporting the issue, I'll make sure we implement a fix for this in the next release. Unity is somehow generating an invalid sln file, but the fix should be straightforward.

In the meantime, here are some things you can try:

- Edit the name in the 2nd line from 'VoxelBusters.EssentialKit' to 'VoxelBusters.EssentialKit.Player'
    Code (csharp):
    1. Project("{FAE04EC0-301F-11D3-BF4B-00C04F79EFBC}") = "VoxelBusters.EssentialKit.Player", "VoxelBusters.EssentialKit.Player.csproj", "{DFE64220-8A91-4AE9-52BA-DC113318B224}"
    - If that didn't resolve the issue, try delete the sln file. When Hot Reload window is visible, a new sln file will be automatically generated. If you run into a problem, you can also generate it manually https://forum.unity.com/threads/sol...g-sln-file-from-assets-open-c-project.538487/

5. PencilBow

PencilBow

We had a look at the generator now. It should just work already.
    Unity requires that the generator's project targets .NET Standard 2.0, and that it uses Microsoft.CodeAnalysis 3.8 (Roslyn) from Nuget
    https://docs.unity3d.com/2022.1/Documentation/Manual/roslyn-analyzers.html

With this exact setup, a simple generator worked: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RExIchNw74FsHGq2B_aluaXyoQysY8o4/view?usp=share_link

If this is also your setup, it'd be great if you could provide:
    - the full error or stacktrace
    - the .csproj file of your generator project, or a zip with the whole generator project if possible (eg in a private message here)

6. Kamyker

Kamyker

Thanks for looking into it. These docs are a bit old from Unity 2021. Unity 2022+ uses Microsoft.CodeAnalysis 4.1 (dll location Editor\Data\DotNetSdkRoslyn) that make Incremental Generators work. I'll try again, maybe something else broke but I basically got errors (in compiler console window) related to missing code that generator should make.

I'll make repro with System.Text.Json that uses generators.

RanchaG and PencilBow like this.
  7. Kamyker

Kamyker

8. PencilBow

PencilBow

9. PencilBow

PencilBow

Kamyker likes this.
  10. Kamyker

Kamyker

Thanks, not possible as my generator is incremental.

Btw I think Microsoft.CodeAnalsysis is backward compatible meaning newer 4.1 version should work fine also in 2021 and before.

PencilBow likes this.
  11. reese015

reese015

Hey everyone.

The free tier is live with v1.1.7:

- Unity Personal users can use Hot Reload for free, without any limitations!
    - Unity Plus/Pro/Enterprise users can use Hot Reload for free for 2 hours a day. Note that during the free trial, you get unlimited use.
    - Unity Plus subscribers have been transferred to the 'Indie' price tier, resulting in substantial savings for eligible users

However, I understand the pricing might still not make financial sense for some. If this is the case, please help us understand your specific situation. We want to ensure our pricing fits everyone, not just big studios.

Additionally, we will soon release a major update, supporting:
    • add/edit/remove generic methods
    • add/edit/remove method parameters (eg add 'int x', or change 'int y' to 'string y')
    • add/edit/remove method type parameters (for generics)
    • add/edit/remove method return types
    • edit accessibility modifiers (switch between public/private/protected/internal)
    • change method from static to non-static and non-static to static
    • renaming methods (incl generics)
    • add new methods
    • add new properties, events, or indexers

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
  12. Koara92

Koara92

Hey Chris!

We understand you're skeptical, so what would it take to convince you that we built this separately three years ago? We're happy to have a call with you and show git history from three years ago to prove it, if that's what it takes. We built this tool years ago because we needed it to finish our game, and only just packaged it and published it recently.

Sorry if you feel we did you some wrong, it wasn't our intention. We think your product is going to help lots of people as well, and it can co-exist with ours. Like you mentioned, the subscription model is quite different and likely there are many developers who would prefer yours over ours - and that's perfectly okay with us!

We definitely don't mean to copy your every move, so I'm sorry if it seemed like that. We just added a bunch of new features like support for generics, updating/adding/removing method parameters and return types, renaming methods, adding properties and events, and more. It's all being tested internally before we release it to the public.

@PencilBow (one of the lead developers) is currently working on something else and likely won't be available for at least another 5 days or so. But if you do want to take us up on that offer, we'd be happy to have a chat whenever!

EDIT: Some people asked for proof, so here is a quick screenshot of our commit history:

If this is not convincing, I'm not sure what more we could do. We are still offering code review to you if you wish to look deeper.

It sounds like we developed two separate solutions; neither was stolen from the other. We feel like this is also clearly visible in the code.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2023
    yeyekopi, ksf000 and MechaWolf99 like this.
  13. ChrisHandzlik

ChrisHandzlik

Right, must be a simple coincidence then.

14. Koara92

Koara92

If there's anything we can do to clear your conscience and convince you we didn't copy your product, steal your code, or whatever it may be, please let us know. The offer to call is still absolutely on the table if you think that would be sufficient. Happy to hear about any alternative ideas if you have them!

I don't want there to be any animosity between our product and yours; we think your product is great as well, and we're more than happy to see you successful on the Asset Store at the same time as us.

ThomasVeil likes this.
  15. ChrisHandzlik

ChrisHandzlik

Your offer is too kind, exceptionally kind.

Congratz on your launch and best of luck.

Koara92 likes this.
  16. Sisyphus-Studios

Sisyphus-Studios

This is incredible work you've done. I've just tried it out and can't wait to see it once it supports the remaining changes (modifying parameters/fields). It's remarkable and greatly appreciated you put this out for free.

You should definitely add a donation button so I can throw some your way and consider putting out a free version with the current features and offer a flat rate purchase for indie devs that gives the upcoming features (subscription model still seems fine for companies making a profit).

ThomasVeil and Koara92 like this.
  17. Koara92

Koara92

Really? When we run MalwareBytes on the package we get no issues:

Are you sure this isn't from something else on your system? No matter how you would try to spin it, us including malware in this package would make no sense at all.

You are free to sniff incoming and outgoing traffic to/from the exe. If you would do that, you would see the only requests made are to/from the licensing software.

18. SealDev

SealDev

The detections were located in "Appdata/Roaming/Unity/Cache/..." folder
    and those files have just shown up now.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  19. PutridEx

PutridEx

Virus detections are mostly useless, false positives are everywhere. This is especially true for unsigned applications, which this one probably is.

If I wrote a C# .exe that simply accesses windows API, it'll be marked as malware.
    Even unity files themselves are sometimes marked as malware.

edit: This isn't a vouch, I never used this asset, your safety is your responsibility, just stating my experience with anti-malware tools and detections.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  20. Koara92

Koara92

If you mean "Appdata/Roaming/Unity/cache" (lower case) then this folder is used by unity internally for their bee build tool. We don't touch this folder whatsoever.

If you mean "Appdata/Roaming/Unity/Caches" then it's a db file that unity maintains for their UnityWebRequest implementation (at least that's what it looks like).

21. Koara92

Koara92

Would you be willing to share what you see in your Hot Reload console window? If code changes aren't being properly applied, errors should be logged to the console window.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  22. SealDev

SealDev

The console detects the changed script, but when I switch to editor, the change does not occur.
    Then I exit playmode, and no refresh happens. I enter visual studio and change the line to "Debug.Log(3);"

When I re-enter the editor, the following 2 errors appear. (1.png)

I enter play mode again. It outputs the previous debug log result "2". Making changes no longer updates after this point.

I have tried it again, and sometimes it works! But I can't seem to find what makes it break, it seems fully random.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      12.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      18.6 KB
      Views:
    Rogilla likes this.
  23. Jamez0r

Jamez0r

I've been testing this all day, and so far it has been working flawlessly. Very easy to set up, and I happen to be doing a lot of debugging today so I've probably saved around 30 minutes of time I would have spent recompiling (my project takes 20-25 seconds to recompile).

As far as the license goes - I've got my licensespring profile setup, and it appears to be under the 7 day free trial. How do you activate the Free license or the Indie license? Do I need to wait until the trial is done to proceed? I don't really see any options on the licensespring website, and no instructions on your hotreload.net website.

If I have any more feedback I'll be sure to post it. Thanks for the plugin guys!

Edit: Just thought I'd add that I was a bit confused by the "Company Code: naughtycult" thing. I thought it might have been a random placeholder name for MY company, for me to use until I created an account and changed it. I tried looking for a place to change it on the licensespring website, didn't find any, and then only realized that your company is named Naughty Cult after reading some more posts on this forum.

Koara92 and andreiagmu like this.
  24. Koara92

Koara92

That's awesome, happy to hear it!!

If you are using Unity Personal, the license will automatically be renewed after 7 days so you will have unlimited access for free without worries. If you are using Unity Plus/Pro/Enterprise, you will have a free 2 hours a day after the 7-day free trial is over.

Basically, you don't need to do anything unless you're using Unity Plus/Pro/Enterprise and want to use it permanently after the 7-day free trial in which case you would need to purchase a license.

It sounds strange that your project is not working with such a seemingly simple use-case when it's working for us on a 2M+ line project as well as many other projects, so it may be a really simple issue. Could you share your project with us, or maybe a simple project with a reproduce? If this isn't possible, could you provide a video of your code window as well as the Unity editor? The editor, hot reload console, and text editor should all be visible.

If none of those options work for you, would you like to hop into a call at some point so we can help you personally?

25. Igotlazy

Igotlazy

Gave the plugin a try and it does what it says on the box. Unfortunately I get this error every time I enter playmode, but the Hot Reloading itself seems to be functioning (on 2021.3.16f with an empty project).

Really looking forward to being able to add properties/new classes and structs on the fly. Any ETA on that?

Breakpoint support would also be great. I understand that a simple Log becomes infinitely more valuable when you can add them whenever, but being able to see values within some highly nested object still has its benefits.

upload_2023-2-6_19-34-15.png

26. JollyTheory

JollyTheory

Awesome product, if you guys could add hot new inspector fields that would be a game changer.

andreiagmu likes this.
  27. Koara92

Koara92

So far as we can tell, this is a bug in UnityWebRequest. It is trying to dispose an upload handler from a previous domain. We properly dispose every web request object, including upload and download handlers and abort pending requests before the domain reload. However it still prints this error.

The error won't cause any issues and can be safely ignored.

We'll be supporting adding properties, events, indexers, and methods in the coming days. Support for adding fields will be for a future release in the coming weeks.

As for adding new types, it's something on our list though not a priority at the moment. Same goes for debugging support. However that may change if it seems to be in high demand in the community; currently these features aren't in high demand (relatively speaking), hence why they are lower priority.

We're planning to add support for it rather soon; we should have something working in 2-3 weeks. Other features are currently being prioritized ahead of it which is why it's pushed back so much, but we can always reprioritize if a lot more people want it.

28. beardedlinuxgeek

beardedlinuxgeek

I added Hot Reload to my project, and during the initial project compilation I get hit with a bunch of errors that suggest my project is using features from C# 9.0 but is being compiled on C# 8.0

I am using the editor 2021.3.11 so the project should be using C# 9.0. To me, it looks like the Hot Reload server is trying to compile using C# 8.0 even though this is a 9.0 project.

29. lgarczyn

lgarczyn

30. Koara92

Koara92

Hi there. C# 9 should be supported; we tested it on an empty C# project and it works fine.

Does it work if you try to regenerate your project files?

Also, you should double check that project generation is enabled for local packages:

If you're still running into issues afterwards, it would be great if you could possibly share the .csproj file of your custom URP package (through email or through a private conversation is fine, if you don't want it to be public) so we can investigate further.

31. iMobCoding

iMobCoding

I just tried the plugin, works good but decided to uninstall it for now (removed through the Package Manager). But now my Unity Editor doesn't "auto refresh" the assets like it used to do. Before, as soon as I save some script changes it triggered the asset refresh, no matter if Unity was in the background. Now I have to focus the Unity window to trigger the refresh. Do you have any idea how to restore that behavior?

Edit: "Auto Refresh" is enabled in Asset Pipeline

32. GoldFireStudios

GoldFireStudios

This looks great, but it doesn't seem to be working on Apple Silicon. I tried changing the value of a simple float variable in the Update method of a MonoBehaviour and get the following error:

Code (CSharp):
    1. DllNotFoundException: HotReloadNativeHelper assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null)
    2. SingularityGroup.HotReload.MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourNativeMacSiliconNativePlatform.Apply (SingularityGroup.HotReload.MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.NativeDetourData detour) (at <d63512255f134cbcb33af01edad8ae57>:0)
    3. SingularityGroup.HotReload.MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourRuntimeILPlatform.‪‫‮‭‌‪‎‎‌‮‬‏‭‌‫‏‬‬‮‌‭‪‎‪‫‫‏‮ (System.Reflection.MethodInfo , System.Reflection.MethodInfo ) (at <d63512255f134cbcb33af01edad8ae57>:0)
    4. SingularityGroup.HotReload.MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourRuntimeILPlatform..ctor () (at <d63512255f134cbcb33af01edad8ae57>:0)
    5. SingularityGroup.HotReload.MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.Platforms.DetourRuntimeMonoPlatform..ctor () (at <d63512255f134cbcb33af01edad8ae57>:0)
    6. SingularityGroup.HotReload.MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.DetourHelper.get_Runtime () (at <d63512255f134cbcb33af01edad8ae57>:0)
    7. SingularityGroup.HotReload.MonoMod.RuntimeDetour.DetourHelper.Pin[T] (T method) (at <d63512255f134cbcb33af01edad8ae57>:0)
    8. SingularityGroup.HotReload..‮‌‏‫‍‌‮‬‮‭‬‭‌‬‍‪‌‏‏‮.‏‍‌‭‌‬‬‫‭‫‪‭‎‮‎‏‬‮‌‏‭‭‮ (System.Reflection.MethodBase , System.Exception& ) (at <d63512255f134cbcb33af01edad8ae57>:0)
    9. UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object) (at ?)
    10. Sentry.Unity.Integrations.UnityLogHandlerIntegration:LogException(Exception, Object) (at /sentry-unity/src/Sentry.Unity/Integrations/UnityLogHandlerIntegration.cs:47)
    11. UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception) (at ?)
    12. SingularityGroup.HotReload.CodePatcher:HandleMethodPatchFailure(SMethod, Exception) (at Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/CodePatcher.cs:254)
    13. SingularityGroup.HotReload.CodePatcher:PatchMethod(Module, SMethod, SMethod) (at Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/CodePatcher.cs:235)
    14. SingularityGroup.HotReload.CodePatcher:HandleMethodPatchResponse(MethodPatchResponse) (at Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/CodePatcher.cs:164)
    15. SingularityGroup.HotReload.CodePatcher:ApplyPatches() (at Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/CodePatcher.cs:86)
    16. SingularityGroup.HotReload.CodePatcher:RegisterPatches(MethodPatchResponse) (at Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/CodePatcher.cs:66)
    17. SingularityGroup.HotReload.Editor.EditorCodePatcher:HandleResponseReceived(MethodPatchResponse) (at Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Editor/EditorCodePatcher.cs:108)
    18. SingularityGroup.HotReload.Editor.<>c:<OnIntervalMainThread>b__7_0(MethodPatchResponse) (at Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Editor/EditorCodePatcher.cs:102)
    19. SingularityGroup.HotReload.<PollMethodPatches>d__19:MoveNext() (at Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/RequestHelper.cs:85)
    20. System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCompletionSource`1:TrySetResult(UnityWebRequestAsyncOperation) (at ?)
    21. SingularityGroup.HotReload.<>c__DisplayClass14_0:<SendRequestAsync>b__0(AsyncOperation) (at Packages/com.singularitygroup.hotreload/Runtime/RequestHelper.cs:47)
    22. UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent() (at /Users/bokken/build/output/unity/unity/Runtime/Export/Scripting/AsyncOperation.cs:21)

33. Igotlazy

Igotlazy

Well that's good to know at least. Can I assume the logging of this error will be removed in a future patch? It is a tad annoying. My lizard programming brain dislikes red.

Modifiable inspector fields should definitely be high priority in my opinion, considering how regularly they're used during the Unity experience.

34. Koara92

Koara92

Hi everyone, a couple things:

- Since it seems to be a popular request among people, we will be adding proper debugger support and hope to roll it out within a week or so.
    - Additionally, also due to user feedback, we increased the 7-day free trial for Indie and Business licenses to a 30-day free trial to allow people to have a full and proper evaluation before making a purchase decision. This change is also reflected in the changes to the hotreload.net/pricing page.

On another note, there are still some outstanding issues on this thread which haven't been resolved or addressed yet, but we are actively investigating them and will get back to each of you soon. Thank you for your patience!

AndreasClifftop and FlightFight like this.
  35. headfirstdive

headfirstdive

I tried running it, and getting these errors/warnings(?) in the hot reload server.

File "pywatchman\__init__.py", line 893, in _resolvesockname
    File "subprocess.py", line 769, in __init__
    File "subprocess.py", line 1172, in _execute_child
    OSError: [WinError 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application
    During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "watchman-wait", line 240, in <module>
    File "pywatchman\__init__.py", line 1073, in capabilityCheck
    File "pywatchman\__init__.py", line 1048, in query
    File "pywatchman\__init__.py", line 917, in _connect
    File "pywatchman\__init__.py", line 896, in _resolvesockname
    pywatchman.WatchmanError: "watchman" executable not in PATH (%s), while executing [WinError 193] %1 is not a valid Win32 application
    Watchman process ran into an error. Restarting it (likely harmless):
    System.Exception: exited with exitcode: 1
    at ????????????????????????????????????????.?????????????????????????????????????????(ProcessStartInfo , ????????????????????????????????????????? , ????????????????????????????????????????? )
    at 955=4`7\\5\.$$T@FbyWGdV^":'.?????????????????????????????????????????(String , ????????????????????????????????????????? )
    at 955=4`7\\5\.$$T@FbyWGdV^":'.?????????????????????????????????????????.?????????????????????????????????????????()
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
    --- End of stack trace from previous location ---
    at 955=4`7\\5\.$$T@FbyWGdV^":'.?????????????????????????????????????????(String , ????????????????????????????????????????? )

Attached Files:

smolnikovd likes this.
  36. Koara92

Koara92

We already looked into this a bunch. To get it fixed we would need to move away from UnityWebRequest because it's not in our hands to fix the UnityWebRequest implementation. If it's requested, we can swap out the web request client implementation. Though that can have other drawbacks and needs to get tested properly. It didn't seem worth it to just get rid of a harmless error but we will consider it.

Which Unity version are you using?

Can you check if you can find this file?

If you can find it, how does it look in the inspector? It should look like this.

We tested in an empty project, and even there auto refresh only triggers when you focus Unity. I'm curious to know what settings you might have toggled to auto refresh when Unity is not focused? Maybe you have some extra info about some settings you may have applied, or some specifics related to your project?

We haven't seen this kind of failure before. To fix it, ideally we could get some sort of a reproduce in an isolated project.

Is there some sort of special setup you've got going on? Like IL Post Processors or Roslyn Source Generators?

37. Koara92

Koara92

We have had several people point out this issue to us. We are actively investigating it but don't have a solution yet. I'll update you when we do!

smolnikovd likes this.
  38. ksf000

ksf000

How to open Sign Up field again? I can see only Sign In Popup.
    Also I cannot return my license on users.licensespring.com to reactivate it on another pc. I've activated on my home pc for test but now I need it on my work station.

Great asset tho, I love it

39. eterlan

eterlan

Greate job! it looks promising, wound try it later. I have tried fast script reload and Rosyln C# before, sometimes it work but occationly freeze the editor for som mysterious reason. Hopefully you guys can prevent it..

40. GoldFireStudios

GoldFireStudios

I'm using 2021.3.12. Yes, I have that file and it looks exactly like that.

41. Koara92

Koara92

Appreciate the feedback!

We just launched recently and we are currently pre-occupied with several different projects, so there are definitely some places which need some work. Our legal people are also especially busy and it took quite awhile just to get even a response to this, but once they are more available we will try to get this properly rectified as it is not our intention to hide any legal company related information on the website.

In case it matters, we don't handle any of the payment processing or subscription ourselves; the payment processing is handled by Stripe, and the license itself is handled by LicenseSpring.

Just wanted to make sure your concerns don't go unacknowledged. We will try to have it rectified at some point in the near future!

42. Koara92

Koara92

We can fix this for you. Could you send me a private message on the Unity Forum and include the email address you're using?

43. Koara92

Koara92

Cool! Let us know if you run into any issues!

44. ksf000

ksf000

Thank you, it's ok now, I just found out how to call sign up screen again. Just consider my previous message as a missing functionality - there is no easy way to sign out.

45. eterlan

eterlan

Hi, I found that reload would break any reference between monobehaviours.

46. NikolaNikolov

NikolaNikolov

Yeah, this is broken for me as well and is the main reason I decided not to use Hot Reload. Losing the background compilation actually hurts my productivity more than Hot Reload improves it. They should definitely include a list of all the modifications Hot Reload does when installed in their FAQ and a way to reverse them.

47. Koara92

Koara92

A few more questions to help us understand a bit better:

- Do you have the silicon version of the Unity editor installed? There is an intel and a silicon one on Mac.
    - What Mac OS version are you using?
    - If you are comfortable sharing (can also be through a private message), what Mac device model are you using?

I'm not sure I fully understand what your scenario is. Could you elaborate a bit more? For example, how we are breaking references? We shouldn't be breaking any references, nor do we assign any by ourselves.

We will be rolling out a hotfix for this which should hopefully arrive later today.

smolnikovd likes this.
  48. GoldFireStudios

GoldFireStudios

- Yes, running the silicon version.
    - macOS 12.6
    - 16" MacBook Pro w/ M1 Max

49. Benjii

Benjii

I have tried it on Windows 10, and am not seeing a lot of changes when I just edit and save a sample script in a new empty project with this.

For now I'm just playing with the position of a GameObject, and a Debug.Log.

I noticed that selecting the .cs script in project view only showed the empty new script, without my lines of code, so I manually refreshed the assets, and that worked.

I am able to see changes by pressing Ctrl+R, but that is far from a quick reload :/

50. eterlan

eterlan

Oh my fault, test in a new project and it works fine now. Sry about that. I guess the reason of that is I didn't clear other hot-reload plugin. Your plugin works so good. BTW, I guess it's unity' problem, but do you have any idea about why Unity trigger script and domain reload after enter play mode if I change any script ? Yes I turn off the "Reload Domain" and "Reload Scene" and "Auto Refresh". But I can't set Script Changed whild Playing to "Recompile After Finish Playing", because there isn't an option in 2022.1.23. Snipaste_2023-02-09_13-55-36.png Snipaste_2023-02-09_13-58-33.png