Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Hosting Release Build 0.15.3

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by van_ustwo, Jul 8, 2019.

1. van_ustwo

van_ustwo

I'll get a white screen when I drag a release HTML WASM release build to any web browser. Is there a setting I'm missing make it deployable on a web server?

2. yossi_horowitz_artie

yossi_horowitz_artie

3. Arowx

Arowx

Sometimes the console logs are not very informative try a dot net or IL2CPP build and run it from a command line window then you can see any error logs made.

4. Jalol

Jalol

Hi guys, I am having the very same issue: all web builds works in the editor but not once hosted online.
    I had no issues deploying my test with Tiny 0.14 but cannot even deploy the samples with 0.15.3... Am I missing something ?

Console logs:
    [libil2cpp] A managed exception was thrown. The Tiny runtime does not support managed exceptions.
    blob:http://flyingbeavers.ca/20d501dc-8cf8-44e3-b5a6-2381f73c998a:19 [libil2cpp] The exception message is: Failed to decompress compressed scene using codec '{0}'
    blob:http://flyingbeavers.ca/20d501dc-8cf8-44e3-b5a6-2381f73c998a:19 [libil2cpp] No native stack trace exists. Make sure this is platform supports native stack traces.
    blob:http://flyingbeavers.ca/20d501dc-8cf8-44e3-b5a6-2381f73c998a:120 Uncaught trap!

Context/Steps:
    1. Clean 2019.2.0b6 install
    2. Step by step install process from the release thread (using Visual Studio 2019)
    3. Building HelloWorld for web (asmjs-debug in the example above but I tried build in debug/develop/release and with wasm as well)
    4. Copy pasting the files from \Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\build\HelloWorld\
    5. Pushing the files on the company website

BrokenHelloWorld hosted on flyingbeavers.ca

So am I a dummy for missing something obvious or is it a bug?
    I could not find anything on the issue tracker.
    If I can't deploy on anything web, it might force me to go back to 0.14.x :(

Note: With Wasm, the console display the following error:
    HelloWorld.js:3177 TypeError: Failed to execute 'compile' on 'WebAssembly': Incorrect response MIME type. Expected 'application/wasm'.

=> Fixed by changing MIME Type on my provider's website (Thanks mivey_unity ;)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  5. Jalol

Jalol

I forgot to mention that my own project behave the same way and that DOT NET builds works just fine.
    I will try with different version of 2019.2.0x and keep post any good news here.

6. mivey_unity

mivey_unity

I was able to host on a webserver by building for wasm / release, then copying the entire
    Library/DotsRuntimeBuild/build/HelloWorld/HelloWorld-wasm-release
    directory to the webserver.

I had to re-configure the server to serve the .wasm file as application/wasm MIME type. By default it was using application/octet-stream, which doesn't work (and gives that console error that Jalol saw)

7. Jalol

Jalol

Thanks for the MIME Type tips, I definitively needed to do that... now all my web export have the same error message :p
    Tried with 2019.2.0b3 with similar results.

8. nikhilmaurya10

nikhilmaurya10

We had made a small game when Tiny was on typescript and it was working fine on all android webview unitl recently one a handful devices are able to run the game and others just show white screen. Weird thing is that all the phones(that I tested it on) are using same version of chrome for WebView implementation.

9. van_ustwo

van_ustwo

I'm running Apache so adding application/wasm to MIME type fixed it for me :)