Search Unity

HORIZON[ON] - Bridge the gap between the sky and your scenery.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Becoming, Jul 30, 2014.

?

In which scenarios would you use Horizon[ON] ?

1. Small to medium sized terrains (first/third person view/driving game)

33.8%
  2. Small to medium sized terrains (flying game)

17.5%
  3. Big to huge sized terrains (first/third person view/driving game)

41.3%
  4. Big to huge sized terrains (flying game)

32.1%
  5. Small to medium sized terrains on mobile (first/third person view/driving game)

16.9%
  6. Small to medium sized terrains on mobile (flying game)

13.0%
  7. Big to huge sized terrains on mobile (first/third person view/driving game)

16.3%
  8. Big to huge sized terrains on mobile (flying game)

18.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. khos

khos

This might sound like a silly question, how can I make that the terrains that horizon seems to generate uses colliders? I might be missing something, any advice would be great. My aircraft just flies through...

2. MostHated

MostHated

This still works? I had been interested in it, but since it was not updated so long I didn't bother.

3. Migueljb

Migueljb

Be great if the Dev's could chime in here and give us a status on how this is still doing. Compatible with Unity 2019LTS etc just anything really of what we can look forward to or if they just want it to be deprecated etc.

4. eaque

eaque

you have to bake the mesh to get a collider!
    search for this option i don't remember well

5. eaque

eaque

i used it in 2018.4....i will give a try in 2019.4.3 and tell you.

MostHated likes this.
  6. khos

khos

Thanks! I managed to find the group of meshes and added colliders manually :)

eaque likes this.
  7. eaque

eaque

I just imported it in 2019.4.3 and i can't tick the options of the shader so nothing is possible!!! i can't modify and even access all the settings......I don't even dare starting the demo scene it's useless!!!!

A SHAME they still sale it 40euros!!!!!!!!!! What is unity doing?!!

8. MostHated

MostHated

Yeah, I always make sure to see the last time something was updated before I buy it now, as something like this happened to me before a year or two ago with a different asset. (Unless there are very recent reviews/forum posts which confirm that it actually does still work properly).

It is indeed a shame. I understand and sympathize that sometimes people become too busy, life situations do not allow the time to update, or even if they simply lose interest after a while. What I find unacceptable and infuriating, though, is when a dev continues to keep their asset on the store with no intention of keeping it even remotely close to current and working, collect people's money, and refuse to take it down.

If you refuse to keep up with it, show your peers/fellow developers some F***ing respect and at a minimum, deprecate the asset.

Even better though, for not only all of your most recent customers, who you have certainly disappointed but to better the Unity community in general, open-source the code under the MIT license and let someone else maintain it if you don't want to.

This goes for all assets and all developers, not just this one.

Recon03, dsilverthorn, eaque and 4 others like this.
  9. eaque

eaque

BIG UPDATE IT WORKS:

So finaly i found last night that we can click on the "show" panel but don't click on it, click slightly outside on the right of the "ui" box and then you have the features and settings appearing!!

Very sorry for my first comment, i'm gonna update my review!!
    It's unsupported but it works

10. creat327

creat327

anyone managed to get this working with URP?

11. Recon03

Recon03

The problem is, Unity does not care, nor make games.. This is why for anything useful, I use Unreal or other game engines... Unity is great to learn, Prototype, but for anything else, you are better off, else where, or you will get caught up in this mess, of Unity assets out of date or broken...... Now that i'm retired I only use Unity to teach a few friends, and my 6 and 7 year olds to program. and about game development.... but I would stay the heck away from these assets.... They don't make money, so I also can't totally blame these developers.... they don't make anything...but they should SHUT it down. .I said this before, its not fair to users either. Unity lets this behavior happen, because they don't care ... If you sold a game, they could careless..No support, I get more support from EPIC than I ever get from Unity...

ftejada and blacksun666 like this.
  12. creat327

creat327

Yeah, i´ve spent a fortune in Unity and Unity Assets. I regret that I chose it over Unreal for my main game. I just keep spending money on new assets just so the game looks exactly the same and runs slower than 7 years ago. The whole thing is a bad joke.

In any case, no luck with this running on URP right? I should just delete it?

13. Recon03

Recon03

this was made with BUILT IN , in mind, so you would need to program it for URP... more than likely a re-write. Horizon is not worth using anymore, unless you use BUILT in. and even then, its not really useful unless you don't mind fixing it your self. Some assets I really like I have....So that is up to you...

14. creat327

creat327

is there anything similar to horizon on URP? Any asset would be fine. I liked to be able to merge the terrain with the horizon seemingly because it's a flight game.

15. Recon03

Recon03

I don't use art assets often. so I can't help there... Look at what is out there on the store.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  16. creat327

creat327

That's what I did and I couldn't find anything except for Horizon, which is not working any more.

17. graskovi

graskovi

Duffer123 likes this.
  18. hopeful

hopeful

19. wwg

wwg

I have Horizon[ON] and I recently bought the new mega mountain pack. The mountain pack doesn't have any of the other things that Horizon[ON] does...it's just mountains. It's a lot like the mountains that already come with Horizon[ON], but new and improved. I think they look really nice and I was able to get the colors to match my Microsplat terrain a lot better than the old mountains.

20. hopeful

hopeful

Yeah, it looks like mountains that you can adjust the height on, with snow that looks like Horizon snow. Some extra stuff like flow, dirt, grass ... it reminds me a lot of the way you make a map in Horizon. Not sure if that's an apt comparison, but it reminds me of that.

twobob likes this.
  21. twobob

twobob

@hopeful yeah it really does look a lot like the horizon shader stuff.

22. twobob

twobob

"In which scenarios would you use Horizon[ON]"

THE FUTURE. Oh no I can't, oh well

dsilverthorn likes this.
  23. Recon03

Recon03

that is because TOM from RTP, from what I was told made the shader...( from what I was told before) . and this developer from my understand is not really a shader programmer.. They both work on the same game and used that tech in the game.. Drone.. Now i'm not saying this is bad, but that is why it looks this way..

Tom, could confirm, but I was told this before with other assets made that, they work as a team sometimes.. with the two or three of them.. So, this is prolly why it looks like its from this asset..

Tom does amazing work either way...( I would ask to confirm if he did that one as well.... that I'm not sure, but it looks like his work. for sure.

I personally would trust it more if Tom did do it, as this developer disappears to much. to be fair.

twobob likes this.
  24. twobob

twobob

That is exactly correct. I helped a little with proof-reading the manual on this. I also still use the utterly outdated Snazzy Grid (that I have strippped down to like 5 buttons) for it's superb parenting functions. As I saw they were all very nice people these are just the facts. Good looking guy like Nathaniel, good on him for having a life.

Recon03 likes this.
  25. Recon03

Recon03

Yup, I know Nath very well, Tom a little.. Nath, I have helped over the years with TC1, 2, ETC, , I used to use Snazzy, Grid, but moved to Octave after it was better..

But, having a life, sure, but you shouldn't sell things,.. people are making a living ... so it tends to screw them over. .SO this is another reason, I didn't use Unity as much, as I did UE, no assets are needed,... so for professional work its much better..

But if your going to make anything and not give support, be open about it.. Sadly it has not happen here. he will be back again once they want to sell something again. I personally don't buy from the store anymore.. and I hardly use Unity since I retired, so I don't have to worry about it....

to each there own.

twobob likes this.