Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HORIZON[ON] - Bridge the gap between the sky and your scenery.

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Becoming, Jul 30, 2014.

?

In which scenarios would you use Horizon[ON] ?

1. Small to medium sized terrains (first/third person view/driving game)

33.9%
  2. Small to medium sized terrains (flying game)

17.5%
  3. Big to huge sized terrains (first/third person view/driving game)

41.4%
  4. Big to huge sized terrains (flying game)

31.9%
  5. Small to medium sized terrains on mobile (first/third person view/driving game)

16.9%
  6. Small to medium sized terrains on mobile (flying game)

13.1%
  7. Big to huge sized terrains on mobile (first/third person view/driving game)

16.4%
  8. Big to huge sized terrains on mobile (flying game)

18.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. emmcd3

emmcd3

Has anyone experimented with stitched 1000 meter terrains in 2x2 structure? I understand that is just a 2000 meter single terrain.

Should a pre-existing terrain be devoid of Unity tress/shrubs other game objects and the like?

Thanks much

2. -df-

-df-

Are you able to share your code changes (link the file?) as I've got the exact same problem but can't seem to get it working

Thanks!

3. ajaxlex

ajaxlex

Around Line 829, I replaced fog calculations to use i.fogCoord. I think that this is all you will need.

/// Final Color:
    //#if defined(UNITY_PI) && !defined(NO_U5_FOG)
    // UNITY_APPLY_FOG(i.worldPos.w, finalColor.rgb);
    //#endif
    #ifdef PER_VERTEX_FOG_DISTANCE
    //UNITY_APPLY_FOG(i.worldPos.w, finalColor.rgb);
    UNITY_APPLY_FOG(i.fogCoord, finalColor.rgb);
    #else
    //UNITY_APPLY_FOG(distance(_WorldSpaceCameraPos, i.worldPos.xyz), finalColor.rgb);
    UNITY_APPLY_FOG(i.fogCoord, finalColor.rgb);
    #endif

JBR-games, hopeful and -df- like this.
  4. -df-

-df-

Thank you!

That fixed it perfectly :)

5. recon0303

recon0303

I have not used this in awhile, didn't have much luck with it, anyways, has anyone used it lately with 2017.1? I know it has not been updated in a year or so. but wondering if anyone has?

6. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @Becoming

I am interested in your asset but I see that it takes a year without posting in the forum. And I'm worried I left him.

I would like to know if you have plans to improve your asset and what improvements would be.

a greeting

7. Duffer123

Duffer123

... also a Unity 2017.2 release would be great ...

Rowlan and Konst like this.
  8. k-i-a

k-i-a

is it possible to paint trees billboards on the actual game terrain?
    I really like the way they're rendered.. super efficient and cool to see. Same for the buildings

thanks in advance :)

9. hopeful

hopeful

Thanks for the new update! Just getting into it, but it is very welcome. :)

Akshara, Rowlan and JBR-games like this.
  10. Becoming

Becoming

Hey guys, sorry for the loong absence, i was totally busy with our team project: D.R.O.N.E.
    ( D.R.O.N.E. makes extensive use of Horizon[ON] )

To make up for neglecting this thread, a new free update for Horizon[ON] is on the store since yesterday...

Demo PC | Demo Mac | Updated Manual | Asset Store

Changes and additions:

• Added undo support
    • Optimized shaders
    • Added automatic seam fixing for displacement baking
    • Removed Marmoset Skyshop support to streamline shaders (it’s obsolete now since Unity has all the features built in)
    • Improved user interface
    • Example scene is now available in linear and gamma color space
    • Tweaked textures and settings of the example scenes
    • Improved Building shader
    • Improved Tree shader
    • Added 9 decoration mountain prefabs
    • Added post processing profiles for the example scenes
    • Updated manual
    • Bugfixes
    • Moved install path to "Plugins" folder (to reduce compile times in your project)

Some screenshots:

ftejada, hopeful, Rowlan and 3 others like this.
  11. Becoming

Becoming

Thank you very much, i am glad you are satisfied! Since we officially revealed that D.R.O.N.E. is made with Unity i can talk about Horizon[ON] being used and also share some tips on how to create AAA-Indie game worlds. I will be on the forum more frequently now.

I hope that with the update, Horizon[ON] will find use in more projects. Sometimes i am surprised that many people still use terrains for the far distance, as Horizon[ON] is easily 10x faster and looks better. I also learned that most AAA games(eg. Uncharted, Battlefield, Battlefront) use solutions similar to Horizon[ON] for distant unreachable terrain.

one_one likes this.
  12. Migueljb

Migueljb

Congrats and much respect on DRONE can definitely see the hard work and love you guys are putting into this.

Had a question on Horizon as I have used it on some of my environments as well. Can we bake the lighting into the terrains so we have baked shadows for performance reasons?

Also do the edges of my terrain still need to be completely flat all around to work with the new Horizon.

13. Becoming

Becoming

Thanks!

1) Shadow baking on a separate map is currently not possible, although you can bake the shadows directly into the diffuse layer textures(Horizon[ON] does not have a tool for this but it can be done with stock Unity and an image editor). I will look into if shadow baking in a separate map is a possible feature for the future.

2) I am glad you bring up this question. It was never needed to flatten the terrain edges to use Horizon[ON]. It is merely a way to get smooth blending. However, there are a few things I'd like to mention about this, as inexperienced level designers can perceive this as a must have. If you look at games like Uncharted for example, they don't have blending either. What they do instead is to design their levels so that the transition is not visible. There are plenty of ways to hide a transition seam, here are the 2 main ones:
    • Place objects on the seam - trees, rocks, buildings, fences, walls, roads, rivers, deco objects...
    • Place the seam behind a hill/mountain
    Placing Horizon[ON] just below the terrain or even have it intersecting at some places is totally viable solution and the most common way it is done in the most accomplished AAA games out there. Level designers have to be creative to limit where the player can go, even in open world games. Hiding the transition to background geometry or even just the skybox is very similar to this and is traditionally done with the methods mentioned above.

JBR-games likes this.
  14. Migueljb

Migueljb

I'd definitely agree its really a per scene basis as well as an artist touch and approach to any type of design but good to know Horizon is still being worked on really one of my favorite plugins I've used in unity glad to see it still getting some love for future versions of unity:)

Becoming and hopeful like this.
  15. Becoming

Becoming

Late reply but anyway, the buildings and trees for game terrain are theoretically possible, but at the moment the trees are not dynamically rotating towards the camera (to save a bit of performance)... i can make the trees face the cam and be nearly as efficient though... i have been playing with the thought of creating a specialized asset for them with some improvements over the trees that are included with Horizon[ON]... here is a little test i did:

Tree_Idea.jpg

If there is enough interest in this i would consider digging deeper...
    But again, this kind of tree system would still not be suitable for first person closeup, as the trees would be flat billboards... they would look similar to what we see in the outerra engine with better lighting and higher resolution. Usecases would probably be racing games, flightsims, or near background deco. Benefit over Unity Trees/Speedtrees would be vast amounts with great performance and good lighting.

Thoughts?

Aaron2348, one_one and ftejada like this.
  16. recon0303

recon0303

Welcome back Peter :)

Becoming likes this.
  17. Becoming

Becoming

Thanks! Glad you are still around :)

18. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @Becoming

I'm interested in your asset, but I really do not know if it can be used for what I want.
    I have little experience in the artistic field. I do not speak English well.

Would it be possible to have a very large land of multiple tiles and that horizont had the same shape (heighmap and textures) as that land?

I do not know if what I'm going to say is silly, so I apologize in advance.

The idea would be to place the terrain made by Horizont [ON] a few centimeters below the "playable" terrain. And that the tiles of the playable terrain are activated deactivate according to the proximity of the camera to gain in performance. For example with World Streamer

When those tiles were deactivated on the world's horizon, the empty stage would not be seen since the terrain created by Horizont [ON] would be shown.

I do not know if this is good for performance or harmful, (I could use his advice because I think he has a lot more experience than me in this). And I do not know if you can make Horizont [ON] generate a terrain similar to the playable terrain created, with its same heightmap and textures

I hope you understand what I say. I would like advice, help and know if it is possible to do this with Horizont [on] and if it would be detrimental to performance

a greeting

19. recon0303

recon0303

Hey I seen you posted an edit of my review, sadly I was unable... to edit it and reply.. My review was 2 years ago. anyways I will re-rate when I use Horizon On, again. I don't remember the reason for my rate, as I use many tools, many game engines.....through the years.. I plan to try it again soon. Since I see you are back. I also rarely develop PC games in Unity, its all mobile. but in the last year I been doing some PC in Unity...typically I do not develop PC with Unity much ...I use other engines..but we have a new Steam game we are using Unity....So I may give Horizon On a whirl again with it...If I do, I will try to re-rate...and ask Unity, to delete my review or allow me to edit.....Because right now for some odd reason, I can't edit.. What I used to do is do 6 months to a year update review....They took that away we no longer can do that....Which I find to be silly since assets improve...

20. Becoming

Becoming

You describe pretty well what you want, and i think your english is very good ;)
    Horizon[ON] potentially could be used for replacing disabled terrains but i would not advise to use it that way. Horizon[ON] is more meant to put it around your terrain(streamed or not streamed), because you have to consider that players might also get to the edge of your streamed world, and many games that use terrain streaming still have something similar to Horizon[ON] for their outer edge. So my advice would be to export your terrain chunks as meshes and put a global color map on them, created from the average splat texture colors and the splatmap. A simple shader would be sufficient and you can put a detail texture on it too to solve a low resolution look... these chunks would then replace any terrains that are not streamed yet. It's a day or two of work but definitely worth it and the traditional way to do it.

And of course still put Horizon[ON] around it ;)

ftejada likes this.
  21. Becoming

Becoming

Thanks, yes... i was going to ask if you could reevaluate Horizon[ON]. A few bad reviews (made for whatever reason) can bring down the average good impression. There are already quite a bit over thousand man hours sunken in Horizon[ON] and there is definitely a lot of bang for the buck. I really hope that Horizon[ON] finds use in more projects with the new update and that it can get back to the 5 stars that Horizon[ON] had for such a long time.

22. recon0303

recon0303

Sure, typically I do update but hate that Unity as of the last few months took that ability away...... which made me unhappy since I like to be fair to developers....I typically rate 5 for most assets, but if I rate lower, its either something was broken... and I could never get a hold of the developer for weeks at a time. I typically don't mind waiting 72 hours..since I have clients, deadlines etc So I won't rate something low other wise. I believe Unature, I rated a 4 before, and the asset didn't work at all for mobile and was suppose to, but since I worked with the developer during beta and he worked his butt off I did change to a 5 in fairness to him. So its rare, I will rate low...I wish we could delete reviews and update.... So I will contact Unity, once I give Horizon On, a try again. I know 2 years ago, I was working with Unity with only mobile back then...Today I'm working with mobile very little.... PC, I have one Steam game we are working with Unity, all my other games are either In house engines, Unreal or Cry...So when I use again I will try it with my Steam game, and re-rate if Unity allows me.. I liked the old review system to be honest where we could delete and update, I did every 6 months to be fair to users, and the developers.

PS I still use Snazzy every day since release....Funny you came back, I been adding alot of my own functions to it since you been gone, and made some of my own assets in to it. lol..

23. Migueljb

Migueljb

Does the latest Horizon features work in single pass rendering in VR?

24. Becoming

Becoming

Yeah, i know you are fair with your ratings, don't stress. I hope you like the update and that your projects can make good use of Horizon[ON]. I also don't quite get some changes unity made to the Asset Store... the new Asset Store layout is one of them.

Really glad to hear that you use SnazzyGrid. I wish more people would know about it, not even for the sales but just for how useful it is... It is one of these assets that are very hard to promote well, as you only know how much you need it, once you've used it.

recon0303 likes this.
  25. Becoming

Becoming

I got some very positive feedback from devs that focus on VR. Horizon[ON] uses all single pass shaders but i personally don't know if there are any special requirements for single pass rendering in VR. I assume it works, i didn't hear otherwise.

26. Migueljb

Migueljb

Typically what I noticed the hardest things to get right in single pass from my experiences with using alot of assets from the store is this in VR. It's using real-time reflections and the transparency around the water edges when the water hits the terrain or any other edges. Also alpha transparency in general in VR when the cutout is to hard it does like an alpha buzzing and can look really bad for say forests or when you look in the direction of alot of trees. I would say if you can hit the middle mark of transparency not to hard or all the soft is the best way to go in VR. Once I get a chance to mess with the latest Horizon in 2017 with single pass rendering in VR i'll let you know my findings.

27. recon0303

recon0303

Yes I love Snazzy Grid, when Nath showed me, I bought it that day, and been using it ever since. and keep adding to it..I,m making a new tool here for our new Steam game, and adding some functionality that will make use of Snazzy Grid as well. Far as people knowing about it, ya its tough, I always tell people about it, or they ask, when they see me working with it. I had a few team mates that bought it a long time ago.

28. gecko

gecko

I've been planning to use HorizonON for terrain LOD meshes....I'm curious why you don't recommend that? Seems like with the optimized shaders and trees and all, it would be perfect for that.

ftejada likes this.
  29. Becoming

Becoming

One of the reasons why Horizon[ON] is so effective is it uses(or it's best to use) tileable layers and masks... unlike with regular terrains, at a certain layer scale tiling is not visible anymore but still brings a lot of benefits, most importantly extremely efficient use of texture space...
    Horizon[ON] is not good to recreate accurately a given terrain but instead it allows you to mix 4 terrain types on a certain repeating scale. The best way to replace unstreamed terrain chunks is to have a polyoptimized mesh with global color and normal maps. A simple shader is sufficient for this - even the basic unity standard shader would do that job nicely.

The workflow would be to export your terrain chunks as meshes, let a poly optimization run over them and bring them back to unity. These terrain chunks would then be enabled/disabled via script where needed. It's pretty trivial.

Horizon[ON] gives you the large view distances beyond your streamed terrains.

boysenberry and ftejada like this.
  30. gecko

gecko

Thanks much for the reply. Our game-worlds are set in realworld locales, so we actually are not able to to do the recommended method for the HorizonON textures either. I was assuming that the HorizonON heightmap+texture shaders were more performant than mesh+standard shader, but we haven't done any tests on that...

31. Becoming

Becoming

Horizon[ON] is extremely performant. Horizon[ON] just serves a different purpose, you would just not be able to achieve what Horizon[ON] does with the standard shader. However, it is is not suitable for projects that requires accurate real world representation even kilometers away from the areas which are accessible to the player. Though the question arises would the player notice a difference if far distant terrain is not accurate to the real world. Even in the best realtime archviz projects there is cheating for stuff where the observer can not tell a difference.

32. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

Thanks a lot for the recent update, so many packages get abandoned nowadays it's good to see someone take his work seriously.

JBR-games likes this.
  33. Becoming

Becoming

Yeah, Horizon[ON] is too good to be abandoned ;) The Asset Store just has became way too crowded and it's very hard to be noticed. Let's hope that the new product presentation on the store helps a bit.

one_one and jonfinlay like this.
  34. maxaud

maxaud

Thanks for the recent update!

I'm having a shader issue preventing me from building for PS4. Empty project except for Horizon[On] with the following errors:

20 errors all referring back to these four:

Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] Displacement': Program 'frag', ambiguous call to 'lerp'. Found 3 possible candidates: at Assets/Plugins/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(556) (on ps4)

Compiling Fragment program with DIRECTIONAL LIGHTPROBE_SH _DETAIL_ON _DIRECTSPEC_ON _EMISSIVENESS_ON _IBLSPEC_ON _LAYERCOUNT_FOUR _NORMALMAPS_ON _OVERLAYFOG_ON _SNOW_ON _WATER_ON
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] Displacement': Program 'vert', ambiguous call to 'lerp'. Found 3 possible candidates: at Assets/Plugins/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(556) (on ps4)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SCREEN _DETAIL_ON _DIRECTSPEC_ON _EMISSIVENESS_ON _IBLSPEC_ON _LAYERCOUNT_FOUR _NORMALMAPS_ON _OVERLAYFOG_ON _SNOW_ON _WATER_ON
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] Displacement': Program 'frag', ambiguous call to 'lerp'. Found 3 possible candidates: at Assets/Plugins/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(660) (on ps4)

Compiling Fragment program with DIRECTIONAL LIGHTPROBE_SH _DETAIL_ON _DIRECTSPEC_ON _EMISSIVENESS_ON _IBLSPEC_ON _LAYERCOUNT_FOUR _NORMALMAPS_ON _OVERLAYFOG_ON _SNOW_ON _WATER_ON
    Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] Displacement': Program 'vert', ambiguous call to 'lerp'. Found 3 possible candidates: at Assets/Plugins/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(660) (on ps4)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SCREEN _DETAIL_ON _DIRECTSPEC_ON _EMISSIVENESS_ON _IBLSPEC_ON _LAYERCOUNT_FOUR _NORMALMAPS_ON _OVERLAYFOG_ON _SNOW_ON _WATER_ON

35. maxaud

maxaud

Made some changes and cast the values being passed to lerp as floats before the lerp function and that seems to fix the issue.

Different issue is once it's on the PS4 the buildings and mountains are black and the trees aren't visible.

36. Becoming

Becoming

Thanks for the detailed report and for pointing out the fix, i was searching the web for what could cause this error. Seems to be an issue on Unity's side with shader compiler. I will add these casts in the next update.

Are the lines 556 and 560 the only ones or did new errors pop up after you added the casts?

37. maxaud

maxaud

Also in the same file where the following is and specular = lerp I had to cast

Not sure of line number since I edited the file. It was around 660 I think.

Additionally, the buildings and mountains are black and trees aren't showing. Know what may be causing that?

Code (CSharp):
    1. // TODO: Resolve in future update
    2.                     #ifdef _WATER_ON

38. Becoming

Becoming

These 3 are ShaderForge shaders, it could be that they don't have PS4 as platform checked, i am not sure as i am not on the workstation at the moment. I will look at it tomorrow. What unity version are you on?

39. maxaud

maxaud

Unity 2017.3 Beta Release 6: 2017.3.0b9, thanks for your help.

40. Becoming

Becoming

Sent you the shaders with PS4 compatibility via pm, i will include them in the next update.

If somebody else needs them as well, let me know.

41. boysenberry

boysenberry

Hello,
    I am trying to find a solution that will allow me to minimize the impact of multiple terrains. I am using MapMagic and would like to have something that would show low res versions of the existing terrains when they're not visible. MapMagic 'un-pins' them when they are far away. I would like to see if I can get something similar to Skyrim where far away terrains get a storyboard or something similar. Is this something Horizon[ON] can do for me? If not do you know an asset that can do something similar?
    Thanks in advance,
    Boysenberry

42. Becoming

Becoming

Horizon[ON] is for the background terrain, if the player gets to the edge of your streamed(or not streamed) world he would see just the skybox, Horizon[ON] gives the impression that the terrain continues. Its not a stand in terrain replacement for unstreamed tiles. i talk about the best way to deal with such things a few posts above. I don't know any assets that do this but its a pretty trivial thing to make.

Horizon[ON] is one of the top assets which are on 50% sale now!

All my other assets are 30% off now!

boysenberry likes this.
  43. Arcanor

Arcanor

44. ranaUK

ranaUK

Hi @Becoming, got this asset yesterday and having fun playing with it. I'm however getting the following build errors:

Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] Displacement': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at Assets/Standard Assets/_Linked/MayasVirtualBrushAssets/_Others/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(606) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK _DETAIL_ON _DIRECTSPEC_ON _EMISSIVENESS_OFF _IBLSPEC_OFF _LAYERCOUNT_FOUR _NORMALMAPS_ON _SNOW_OFF _WATER_OFF _OVERLAYFOG_ON
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME

Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] Object': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at Assets/Standard Assets/_Linked/MayasVirtualBrushAssets/_Others/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(606) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK UNITY_SINGLE_PASS_STEREO _EMISSIVENESS_OFF _IBLSPEC_OFF _OVERLAYFOG_OFF _SNOW_OFF _WATER_OFF _LAYERCOUNT_ONE _DIRECTSPEC_OFF _NORMALMAPS_OFF _DETAIL_OFF
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME

Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] TransitionSky': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at Assets/Standard Assets/_Linked/MayasVirtualBrushAssets/_Others/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(606) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK _EMISSIVENESS_OFF _IBLSPEC_OFF _OVERLAYFOG_OFF _SNOW_OFF _WATER_OFF _LAYERCOUNT_ONE _DIRECTSPEC_OFF _NORMALMAPS_OFF _DETAIL_OFF

Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] TransitionTerrain': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at Assets/Standard Assets/_Linked/MayasVirtualBrushAssets/_Others/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(606) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK UNITY_SINGLE_PASS_STEREO _DETAIL_ON _DIRECTSPEC_ON _EMISSIVENESS_OFF _IBLSPEC_OFF _LAYERCOUNT_FOUR _NORMALMAPS_ON _SNOW_OFF _WATER_OFF _OVERLAYFOG_ON

Using Win8.1x64, Unity 2017.2.p3, OpenVR SinglePass Forward Linear.

45. Becoming

Becoming

Just use v2, there should not be any issue. You don't need to use the included profile for the post fx stack, it's just meant to be a starting point.

46. Becoming

Becoming

Thanks for the report, i will look into fixing this asap.

47. Cleverlie

Cleverlie

Hi, so Horiz[on] has integration with map magic?

our current project procedurally generates a terrain with MM and uses CTS to shade it, can we have Horiz[on] covering the background so we don't have to create larger terrains just to cover the horizon line? more specifically, can horizon take procedurally generated heightmaps and behave in sync to the procedurally generated heightmaps and the CTS textures?

48. Finepointcgi

Finepointcgi

hey @Becoming did you ever find a fix for thoes errors? im getting them as well.

Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] Displacement': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at Assets/Plugins/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(606) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL LIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK _LAYERCOUNT_ONE _DIRECTSPEC_OFF _IBLSPEC_OFF _NORMALMAPS_OFF _EMISSIVENESS_OFF _DETAIL_OFF _WATER_OFF _OVERLAYFOG_OFF _SNOW_OFF

Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] Flat': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at Assets/Plugins/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(606) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL LIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK _LAYERCOUNT_ONE _DIRECTSPEC_OFF _IBLSPEC_OFF _NORMALMAPS_OFF _EMISSIVENESS_OFF _DETAIL_OFF _WATER_OFF _OVERLAYFOG_OFF _SNOW_OFF
    Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] Object': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at Assets/Plugins/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(606) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL LIGHTMAP_ON SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK _LAYERCOUNT_ONE _DIRECTSPEC_OFF _IBLSPEC_OFF _NORMALMAPS_OFF _EMISSIVENESS_OFF _DETAIL_OFF _WATER_OFF _OVERLAYFOG_OFF _SNOW_OFF

Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] Cliffs': maximum ps_4_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded at Assets/Plugins/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(92) (on d3d11)

Compiling Fragment program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SCREEN SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK _LAYERCOUNT_FOUR _DIRECTSPEC_ON _IBLSPEC_ON _NORMALMAPS_ON _EMISSIVENESS_ON _DETAIL_ON _OVERLAYFOG_ON _SNOW_ON

Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] Cliffs': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at Assets/Plugins/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(606) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL LIGHTMAP_ON SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK _LAYERCOUNT_ONE _DIRECTSPEC_OFF _IBLSPEC_OFF _NORMALMAPS_OFF _EMISSIVENESS_OFF _DETAIL_OFF _OVERLAYFOG_OFF _SNOW_OFF

Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] TransitionSky': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at Assets/Plugins/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(606) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK _LAYERCOUNT_FOUR _DIRECTSPEC_ON _IBLSPEC_ON _NORMALMAPS_ON _EMISSIVENESS_ON _DETAIL_ON _WATER_ON _OVERLAYFOG_ON _SNOW_ON

Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] TransitionTerrain': invalid subscript '_ShadowCoord' at Assets/Plugins/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(606) (on d3d11)

Compiling Vertex program with DIRECTIONAL SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK _LAYERCOUNT_ONE _DIRECTSPEC_OFF _IBLSPEC_OFF _NORMALMAPS_OFF _EMISSIVENESS_OFF _DETAIL_OFF _WATER_OFF _OVERLAYFOG_OFF _SNOW_OFF

49. Becoming

Becoming

Did you download the latest version? as i remember that i fixed this error:
    Shader error in 'Horizon[ON]/Horizon[ON] Cliffs': maximum ps_4_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded at Assets/Plugins/Horizon[ON]/Sources/Shaders/_horizON_Core.cginc(92) (on d3d11)

For the shadow coord error, i am still looking into it, i need to ask my companion @tomaszek for advice.

50. led_bet

led_bet

Hey Becoming,

Having a small issue with Horizon[ON]. I'm attempting to use the building painter to place far-ground assets and, when I click and drag on the ground, nothing happens. I have the paint mode activated, the "editing!" gameobject appears, but no prefabs are being placed.

Any advice?

Also, are there any resources walking through how to make our own optimized far-ground buildings and trees?

Thank you!