Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Holus: A new holographic tabletop display!

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by MichaelHPlus, Jun 3, 2015.

1. MichaelHPlus

MichaelHPlus

Hey Unity community,

My name is Michael. I work at a startup company called H+Technology where, for over two years, we’ve been creating a holographic platform that will allow families and friends to gather around a table and experience virtual reality media in a completely new way. We’ve been using Unity to create our holographic games and apps, and I’m coming to the community for help with some design questions:

Other than card games, what kind of games or applications would you like to play/make where players are facing each other instead of the TV?

On a related note, what kind of games would you like to have where the players need to investigate scenes and objects from many different angles?

Holus, shown above, is our holographic display, and will be released together with SDKs for both Unity and Unreal. I’m really curious to hear your ideas.

If you would like to learn more about what we do here at H+, and with Holus, go to www.hplustech.com. You can also help us spread the word by lending us your voice in our Thunderclap campaign: ow.ly/NJt5u.

Thanks,

Michael

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Todd-Wasson likes this.
  2. El Maxo

El Maxo

If the screen was larger would be amazing to have a totalwar style game on it, with a "comander" either side.

3. Henrique_H

Henrique_H

Agreed, wargames would look great on it

4. BadSeedProductions

BadSeedProductions

I want to see the Starwars chess type game that they play in the Falcon.

Henrique_H likes this.
  5. MichaelHPlus

MichaelHPlus

Todd-Wasson likes this.