Search Unity

HoloLensInput Module not working after updating project to Unity 5.5

Discussion in 'VR' started by smenyhart, Feb 16, 2017.

1. smenyhart

smenyhart

After updating the project to Unity 5.5 from 5.4 HTP and re-adding the HoloLensInputModule because it was complaining about the script being missing, UI input on the HoloLens is now broken for me. I know the HoloLensInputModule is doing something because I'm able to use the navigation gesture to scroll a Scroll View and the buttons get highlighted when the gaze cursor hovers over them, but performing a tap gesture does not activate any of the button's onClick handlers. I know these handlers work just fine when running in the editor and using a mouse. What's even worse is if I tap around like crazy for a while then eventually one of the button onClick handlers finally gets called. What the heck is going on?

2. smenyhart

smenyhart

The only workaround I've found for this so far is to fall back to using an old version of the HoloLensInputModule script that I had from before it was built into Unity. This version works perfectly fine. I'm attaching that script in case anyone else needs it to work around this same problem.

Attached Files:

3. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Can you check to make sure that both scripts are attached to your event system for the scene?

You should see the Hololens Input Module and the HoloLens Input scripts.

upload_2017-2-17_10-7-17.png

4. smenyhart

smenyhart

I had not included the "Holo Lens Input" script before because I didn't know it was required in addition to the "Holo Lens Input Module". It was never required before. Why is this requirement not in the documentation? Why is this requirement not enforced through a "RequireComponent" so that it gets automatically added? Why is this separate script even required if they both get put on the event system object?

Anyway, after adding this extra script it still doesn't work. Same behavior as before.