Search Unity

Bug Hololense 2 crash on ARM64, but not ARM

Discussion in 'AR' started by Zerkon_X, May 12, 2023.

1. Zerkon_X

Zerkon_X

Hello,

I do not know if it would be best to post this here, or in Microsoft forums. My research group recently got our hands on the HoloLens 2 and are beginning to develop a program for it. We followed the exercise that Microsoft provides to get up and started, however we have run into a strange crash. When we are compiling in Visual Studio, after having the build settings done through Unity, it will not open while Visual Studio is set to ARM64. I ran both ARM and ARM64 in debug mode set to Release, and the crash persists without any unique errors. There are 16 errors that occur on both builds. When building to Debug in Debug mode, it will deploy on 64 and 32 bit, but the framerate is around 16.

I've only seen this error similar in one other forum, where the Unity Input System was at the wrong version, however I have updated it to 1.5.1 to no avail.
    upload_2023-5-12_18-2-41.png
    This is the error for when I launch in ARM64. The unhandled exception shows up here, but not in ARM. The scene will not show up when deploying this version, however launching in ARM gives:
    upload_2023-5-12_18-4-39.png
    Doing this will launch the scene, at around 25-30 fps. For only 2 game objects in the scene this seems unreasonably low.
    Unity is targeting a 64 bit ARM,
    upload_2023-5-12_18-5-27.png
    upload_2023-5-12_18-5-52.png
    upload_2023-5-12_18-6-56.png

We're honestly at a loss. This has been plaguing us for the past few weeks and are in need of an urgent fix. Deploying to ARM has been the closest any of us have gotten. If anyone has any info that could help, or needs more information please let me know.

2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies