Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Hololens2 issues loading Unity 2021 and Unity 2022 projects, Unity 2020 working - needed for Vuforia

Discussion in 'AR' started by Yamalawizor, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Yamalawizor

Yamalawizor

Hello developers,
    for the processing of my master thesis in mechanical engineering I need an image recognition by Vuforia in Unity which is implemented with the Hololens2.
    I started with the version Unity 2020.3.41f1 and the transfer to the Hololens2 of the university also worked without problems. With the addition of the Vuforia plugin, the creation of the scene no longer works. According to Vuforia, at least Unity version 2021.3.4f1 is required for version 10.14. Short hand I have then directly upgraded to the latest Unity 2022.2.13f1. In Unity in gamemode everything works so far and the scene can be created for UWP.
    After successfully transferring the project to the Hololens2, however, I only see four white loading points and the whole thing terminates without an error message and I find myself back in the "start room". The same happens with different versions of Unity 2021 and 2022. With the latest version of Unity 2020, the Hololens2 then loads my scene again, but that only works without the Vuforia plugin.
    Is there a setting in Unity 2021 and 2022 that I have overlooked or does the Hololens2 need to have other drivers installed?
    Have I overlooked something else in general?

Thank you very much for your help. I pray it's just a forgotten checkmark in the settings.
    Best regards
    Michael

2. unity_andrewc

unity_andrewc

Unity Technologies

If HoloLens 2 works without Vuforia, that sounds like a Vuforia bug