Search Unity

Question HoloLens2 and Client-Server application

Discussion in 'AR' started by yuemco, Dec 10, 2020.

1. yuemco

yuemco

Hi all,

I created an app and in unity, I connect to my laptop and unity is my client. That works in Unity editor however when I deploy to HoloLens2, the program does not connect to my laptop. I used a simple button for communication. I checked the internet connection and client-server settings in the player settings everything's fine but I couldn't find a way to solve. Do you have any idea?

2. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

Did you enable the Internet capabilites for your application? Edit -> Project Settings... -> Player -> Publishing Settings -> Capabilities is where you would set that in Unity. Note that Unity won't write over your project files if you've already generated a VS project. If you've already generated your project you'll also need to either a) manually edit the appxmanifest file or b) delete the generated project and re-create it.

3. yuemco

yuemco

Hi @joejo, thank you for your reply. I already checked "InternetClient" and "InternetClientServer" from capabilities. I understand you but I use just unity and C# in Unity and Unity creates a .sln for me. Even that case, should I take a look to appxmanifest?

I am also suspicious of the firewall but I couldn't find anything related as well.

4. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

I'd double check the appxmanifest to be sure. After that I have no ideas other than the firewall.