Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question Hololens Unity develeopment

Discussion in 'AR' started by strawrobbery, May 8, 2024.

1. strawrobbery

strawrobbery

Hello,

Is it possible to find some help here, I tried searching for tutorials and installing some unity packages but with no success. I have this model of a lathe and it needs to be an interactive presentation for Hololens 2 :') showcasing how different parts are moving. On the picture bellow I tried to explain what I need to do: basically the wheel is rotating clockwise or against clockwise and it is controlling the blue block to move left and right.
    I am not a programmer :') and tried to ask Copilot for some help with code but the AI doesn't really understand what I mean.
    I am working with the MRTK3, I managed to make the wheel rotate when my hand rotates. Now the blue block seems to slide sideways wehenver I move my hand left and right and it is not what I want.
    Does anybody maybe tell me what is the best solution here, I am also thinking about making an Animation Controller that will allow the blue block slide whenever the wheel is rotated but I am not sure how succesfull this is going to be either.

Attached Files:

2. mike-copley-unity

mike-copley-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @strawrobbery ,

Our forum FAQ makes the following statement regarding Hololens development:

How to do X using HoloLens?
    Unity does not implement AR Foundation support for HoloLens. Microsoft owns and maintains their AR Foundation provider plug-in and build tools. For any questions regarding HoloLens other than specifically the UnityEngine or UnityEditor API’s, please refer to the Microsoft Mixed Reality forums: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality

3. AliceMUnity

AliceMUnity

Unity Technologies

As @mike-copley-unity mentioned, we can't provide HoloLens specific support. However, you should be able to do this through built-in Unity functionality.

Using an animation controller is a reasonable approach. You can build your animation controller through a GUI (i.e., no code), although you will need code to set the wheel rotation state (clockwise / counterclockwise). I would encourage you to seek out an animation controller tutorial. It will be difficult to do this without some basic understanding of the system.