Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

HoloLens sharing service.exe

Discussion in 'VR' started by Tezelian, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Tezelian

Tezelian

Hey everyone,

I can build and run the hololens network sharing application on both hololens devices but only while the 'sharing service' console in Unity is active or running in the background. The sharing service which can be found and accessed at the top of the Unity nav toolbar opens a console displaying details of active sessions and connecting devices.

How can I build the application without the need of having Unity or 'sharing service' running in the background while connecting the two hololens devices? Alternatively is it possible to have the 'sharing service' run during a Visual Studio build so I can connect without Unity?

In other words, how do or can I build and or run sharingservice.exe on my local host machine as soon as the application on hololens is initialised. I want to avoid opening 'launch sharing service' in Unity before I build the application

Thank you,

2. Gerald-BlueOrtho

Gerald-BlueOrtho

Hi Tezelian,

The sharing service in Unity is just a convenient shortcut. You can start sharingservice.exe yourself from a console (don't forget -local option) or have it start by any other program or script or post-build step in VS.

The file is usually found in"\MixedRealityToolkit-Unity-master\External\HoloToolkit\Sharing\Server".

Gérald

JCIPL likes this.
unityunity