Search Unity

Hololens Load AssetBundle Fail

Discussion in 'Windows' started by guodan, Sep 24, 2020.

1. guodan

guodan

Hello,

I use Hololens load asset bundle from "Assets/StreamingAssets/", but the log : "Unable to open archive file: Assets/StreamingAssets/".
    Did Hololens2 was not supported by asset bundle?

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

3. guodan

guodan

Sorry to reply late. I alse noticed the path that I can't use the StreamingAssets.

I try to build the assetbundle to Application.persistentDataPath in editor, and I can see all my assetbundle in the path:C://user/appdata/....
    But when I deploy to hololens, the logs shows: "Unable to open archive file: C:/Data/Users/datam/AppData/Local/Packages/UXML_p7fzp12tyxk7m/LocalState/...".

What I want to know is whether the assetbundle in persistentDataPath will be contained in the hololens's package?

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

PersistentDataPath will be empty when you first install the app. Unless you download the bundle to that path, it will not be there.

guodan likes this.
  5. radacadabra

radacadabra

Hi @guodan, did you manage to do it?

I'd like to load an Asset bundle on HL1 but don't know how to make it work - any help would be much appreciated.

6. guodan

guodan

As what they said, you can download asset bundle from web server or upload asset bundle to you hololens's app folder by manual through device portal.
    upload_2021-6-30_14-16-43.png

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021