Search Unity

[HoloLens] Can't launch Unity very basic app

Discussion in 'VR' started by quentin-19, Aug 17, 2017.

1. quentin-19

quentin-19

Hi,

Just started HoloLens dev again after stopping for a few months. And while i got some issues compiling the whole project (which was fixed with latest Unity Beta, see: https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unable-to-build-even-an-empty-project.488278/). I'm now at the point where I can compile & deploy a very simple app (just a cube hanging) but when it launches on the HoloLens, it basically hangs. I don't even see the Unity Splash Screen. So i'm guessing there is something really wrong going on when loading the project but i'm not sure how i could debug myself at this point...

Any idea? How could i give more info?
    Thanks in advance

2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

If I'm following correctly you're currently running version 2017.2.0b7?

3. quentin-19

quentin-19

4. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

I believe you're hitting a known bug we have filed where rendering is not working once deployed. We have a fix hopefully landing very, very soon. We hate it as much as you do, trust me.

If you're in a pinch, you can rollback to beta 6 and it should work there. Let me know if that doesn't work and I can ask around for other solutions.
    https://unity3d.com/unity/beta/unity2017.2.0b6

5. quentin-19

quentin-19

No worries, it happens. Do you know when this new fix should be released?

6. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

unfortunately I don't have an exact date but I can ping this thread with an update if I hear anything.

7. coenl

coenl

Same problem here.

I now am using 2017.2.0b6 with VS2017 (15.3.2)
    The IL2CPP and the .NET scripting backend are both giving me build errors in VS.

In VS2017 (15.3.1) the IL2CPP scripting backend still worked but after I updated VS to 15.3.2 it also give errors. I tried rolling back VS but that is almost impossible.

Are there more Unity versions I could try or should I wait for a new release?

8. DrunkReaperMatt

DrunkReaperMatt

9. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

What errors are you seeing with IL2CPP? There are no known issues with VS 15.3 and IL2CPP atm.