Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

HoloLens AR Publishing from Unity 2019

Discussion in 'Windows Mixed Reality' started by VishalMonteiro, Aug 30, 2019.

1. VishalMonteiro

VishalMonteiro

As per the Below URL i m following the steps.

I m using Unity 2019.2.0f1,
    step 1 : created the new project
    step 2 : then Installed Multiplayer HLAPI and XR Legacy input helpers and windows mixed reality packages through windows --> package manager
    step 3: created a sphere and switched the UWP platform
    step 4 : done - XR settings --> VR supported and added windows mixed reality
    step 5 : i make sure in other settings - scripting back end to .Net
    step 6 : i'm not sure whether it is mandatory to do, i tried to connect windows --> XR --> holographic emulation ( had set proper IP address as per the video link) but i could not able to connect, keep it shows connecting and look at below error (find the attached file)
    step 7: I build a project and i got and .sln file, opened it in VS 2017 community (checked in all required things as per the video) successfully build but some error was there. ( find the attached file)
    step 8 : i paired my device with hololens
    Note : but here before start building when i click remote machine, i did not get any popup to set my IP address.

Can anyone please clarify my issues ?

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Can I get the full error message from the console window? It looks like your picture there cut off some of the message.

As for the remote machine name, that is found under the properties of the project you're trying to deploy. Right click on the project in the Solution Explorer, go to Properties, then Debugging. There you should find a Machine Name field, enter the IPv4 of the HoloLens.

3. VishalMonteiro

VishalMonteiro

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: Error building Player because scripts have compile errors in the editor
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x00242] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:190
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x0007f] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:95
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I’m not sure whether my hololens got deployed successfully with laptop ?

Attached Files:

4. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Not quite the right error message, that one states that there are errors in the build process but we'll need a look at the full message of the other errors that appear in the editor console

5. VishalMonteiro

VishalMonteiro

Thanks for your reply JasonCostanza. i can understand. i can share my assets personally. can you connect @ girijdk@gmail.com , will discuss more

6. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

If you are able to share your project, or create a clean minimum repro project you can file a new bug which will attach the necessary files for us to reproduce the issue and diagnose what's going on. Then, if it's definitely a new bug you can track the fix as we work on it. Will that work for you? We're usually pretty quick about addressing new reports, faster yet if you post the link to the issue here I will get it usually within a day.

7. VishalMonteiro

VishalMonteiro

Hi, @JasonCostanzai. Thanks for your reply.
    I attached a screen shot error. Once i set the all required things, whenever i tried to build the .sln file in new folder i'm getting the same error (attached screen shot). not even running a moment. As soon as once i gave build, i m getting this error. please do the needful.

Attached Files:

8. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

What is the blank error at 11:44:22? That would be my guess as to why you're not able to compile the scripts. The error you're clicked on is just the error from the build window code stating that it failed somewhere in the build process trying to compile the scripts included. Looking at the other messages marked error, the first one is the one that needs to be fixed but without more info on the error or a project to look at, I'm unable to offer any more advice

9. VishalMonteiro

VishalMonteiro

thanks for your reply. I tried with unity 2018.4.8f1. somehow those got fixed. now i can able to build successfully. but i m not finding the unity app in hololens also while building solution it could not asking for remote machine option to enter my ip address.

Attached Files:

10. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Documentation from Microsoft on deploying an app can be seen here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/using-visual-studio. That looks to be something set strangely in Visual Studio which results in Remote Machine not being an option.

As for the remoting DLL error, which version of the Windows Mixed Reality package are you using in your project? I just checked 2018.4.8f1 and using 1.0.14 package version and it was working ok on my end. I noticed your thread starts with 2019 and then you went backwards to 2018 so just take note that downgrading a project is not supported and could yield unexpected behaviors.

11. P_D_B

P_D_B

Microsoft Employee

@VishalMonteiro In Visual Studio 2019, please ensure that "Platform Toolset" is set to v142 in your main app project's properties. Unity creates the project targeting v141 (Visual Studio 2017), which does not currently show Device, Emulator and Remote Machine targets in Visual Studio 2019. Also, make sure the startup project is your main app. If you've never set a startup project for the solution on your machine, Visual Studio sets the startup project to the first project in the solution. Since projects are listed alphabetically when Unity creates the solution, this startup project might be set to the Il2cpp project, which is not runnable and will also cause the Device, Emulator and Remote Machine options to be hidden.

jc_crash and JasonCostanza like this.