Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

2. Unity 2022.1 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your project's performance with our new guide on profiling in Unity.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Read here for Unity's latest plans on OpenXR.
    Dismiss Notice

HoloLens - AR Foundation / Tracked Pose Driver?

Discussion in 'VR' started by Subere023, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Subere023

Subere023

As scaling content on the HoloLens and WMR headsets to table size causes both particles and physics to act... oddly, I was wondering if the AR Foundation has been gotten to work with these devices. I know that it was mentioned as a target goal at GDC.

If not, are there any alternatives to scaling content to these small sizes.

Back in March/April, I tried to manual implement a two camera system like the one mentioned at GDC, but it appeared at the time that the HoloLens was somehow overriding the scale changes.

Any ideas here would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

You could render the content using an extra camera that just draws that layer, and then use the camera transformation matrix (or inverse of it) to adjust this based on projection

3. Subere023

Subere023

Do you mind going into more detail here? My knowledge of projection matrices is limited.

4. Fangh

Fangh

stepan-stulov likes this.
  5. ModeLolito

ModeLolito

@Fangh . And now is it available on hololens 2? Because I would like to use image tracking and on ARfoundation result seems be very nice on mobile.
    Else it exists hololensARtoolkit like free solution, but it seems doesn't work on hololens 2.

6. Fangh

Fangh

@ModeLolito no it is not. ARFoundation use ARKit or ARCore to recognize images for mobile. There is nothing in the HoloLens2 operating system that can recognize images so ARFoundation can not work.

unityunity