Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice

Hololens App distorts unity camera

Discussion in 'VR' started by Jarediavionic, May 4, 2018.

1. Jarediavionic

Jarediavionic

I have run into something strange. Whenever I stream from the hololens onto a nearby laptop using the hololens app from the microsoft store, it enlarges the GUI on my unity scenes. It only does this while it is streaming. Any ideas as to what may cause this or why?

2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Hi @Jarediavionic would you be able to submit a bug with a repro project where we can see this behavior? That way we can narrow down if it's Unity or Microsoft's streaming service causing something weird. We're not currently aware of this issue that I know of.

Thanks

3. Jarediavionic

Jarediavionic

@JasonCostanza

Thank you for your reply. To be honest the current project i am working on is quite sensitive however I can create a simple scene that replicates the issues if that would help. That being said I have been testing and believe I have made headway on the issue. It only occurs on the UI Canvas Render mode - Screen Space camera. it seems that whenever the stream services kicks in (whether it be through the app or using a live preview from the web browser) I seems like it takes over one of the hololens cameras thus affecting the sceenspace size. I have been able to work around it by switching the Render Modes to world space.

Would it still be useful for me to submit a bug?

4. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Yes a simple repro project is perfect (preferable even)

If it still reproduces in a simple project, feel free to report that issue and send it over. Glad you got a workaround going though so you're not blocked.