Search Unity

HoloLens and Unity 2017.1

Discussion in 'VR' started by getwilde, Jul 12, 2017.

1. getwilde

getwilde

Anyone have any success building their HoloLens project on 2017.1? I'm really excited about .net 4.6, but am seeing compiler errors when I try to build:

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: Build failed with errors.
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x001b9] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:162
    at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (Boolean askForBuildLocation, BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00050] in C:\buildslave\unity\build\Editor\Mono\BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:83
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Curious to hear if others have had any issues?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

I don't believe I have seen this before, did you upgrade your project? Also, have you tried building to a fresh folder?

3. getwilde

getwilde

UPDATE: I found someone reporting a similar issue. Indeed, the problem was solved by reloading my project in 5.6.1 and then reloading it again in 2017.1.

But then I hit another exception: matEditor.BeginAnimatedCheck(scaleOffsetProp); Adding "new Rect()" worked.

Finally, a third exception: "error CS1704: An assembly with the same name `UnityEngine.UI' has already been imported." Deleting my Library folder solved the problem.

And now I'm up and running.

4. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Wow, that seems like a weird update issue, would you mind filling a bug on the issue?

5. brett_ridel

brett_ridel

I notice the same issue with my steamvr project. I've upgraded it from 5.6.1f1 to 2017.1.0f3

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  6. brett_ridel

brett_ridel

Did you find a solution ?