Search Unity

Hololens 2

Discussion in 'VR' started by damnSimpleGames, Feb 19, 2019.

1. damnSimpleGames

damnSimpleGames

Hello, I will have soon a AR project in my hands. The initial idea was to do it with the original hololens(hololens 1 ? ) but Microsoft stopped selling it at their store so we waited for them to announce hololens 2. My biggest fear right now is when Unity will provide support for them. We can wait a bit but not too long.

Anyone knows anything about this?

2. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

There might be some more info Sunday the 24th when Hololens 2 info is released by Microsoft

3. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

The HoloLens 2 is not likely to come out until Q3 this year anyway based on news sources so if its going to be with you soon you should just buy some HoloLens via a reseller

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

The burning question remains: Now that HoloLens 2 was unveiled, will Unity support it? Strangely enough Tim Sweeney from Epic was on the stage. No mention of unity (couldn't even see the logo on the background screen)

arielfel likes this.
  5. fuzzy3d

fuzzy3d

I'm also curious and surprised by the absence of the Unity logo ...

Shizola and Circool like this.
  6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

7. damnSimpleGames

damnSimpleGames

Thank you very much. Looks promising, now i have to wait for when Microsoft sells the kit here in Spain

fuzzy3d likes this.
  8. rostamisajad19

rostamisajad19

Hi
    I use Unity (2019.4 LTS) for developing an application for Microsoft HoloLens 2 as the target platform. To do so, I added MRTK (Version v2.5) to my project to use some of the libraries. I regularly get errors in the console that look like this:

[XRInputSubsystem] A device disconnection with the id 2000000037 has been reported but no device with that id was connected.

It seems to happen somewhat randomly. At first, I thought it was disconnecting or something, but then I realized it was just pausing Unity, and I can click 'play' several times to bypass them. This workaround is annoying and slows me down though. Does anyone have an idea for solving this issue?

9. joejo

joejo

Unity Technologies

@rostamisajad19 When you hit play, I assume you are using a remoting connection to your device? If so, there is a known issue with the Microsoft remoting where we don't get paired or complete connect/disconnect messages for some devices. What you are seeing is remoting telling us to disconnect a device it either a) never told us to connect or b) already told us to disconnect earlier.

You can ignore these warnings