Search Unity

Question (Hololens 2/Unity3d) Holographic plane rendered opaque black

Discussion in 'AR' started by tv-gc, Mar 3, 2022.

1. tv-gc

tv-gc

Hi!

I have been working on a project that required capturing the video feed (holograms included) and sending it to an android device through UDP connection.
    A couple of months ago i finished the project and it was working ok, some performance issues but the feed was being sent correctly.

Yesterday i was asked to capture some footage of it in action but after deploying the project and making the connection, i saw on my Android device a black square, representing the holographic plane from the hololens.
    On the hololens side, everything is correct, holograms are drawn on a transparent plane sort of speak, but the video feed is ignoring the property "hologramOpacity".

Was the Hololens 2 SDK updated and if so, did it change how it handles this property?
    Do i need to change anything on the unity side of the project?

Thanks in advance for the help

Here's a screenshot of the feed being sent to the android device.
    As you can see, the place where everything holographic resides, has the background opaque black

https://imgur.com/a/2VwxFe8

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  2. todds_unity

todds_unity

It sounds like your video streaming solution is not including the alpha plane.

3. tv-gc

tv-gc

Hi todds_unity

My code hasn't changed so i do not know what i could be missing now.
    If it is the alpha plane, how can i take that into consideration and make it transparent?

Thanks in advance

4. tv-gc

tv-gc

Problem "solved"
    Created a new project, moved all the scripts there and it's working again.

My guess, some config file was corrupted or more likely, a shader.