Search Unity

HoloLens 2 Emulator input controls not working / Emulator not working

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by aditya_unity92, Aug 28, 2020.

1. aditya_unity92

aditya_unity92

I am trying to build and deploy a basic unity project to a hololens-2 emulator, however I am running into many issues with the emulator itself:

• The emulator (when I launch it from the windows start menu or from a unity build from visual studio) loads into the home screen and is stuck there - it takes no inputs from the keyboard mouse
    • On another machine I have the emulator is stuck on the OS is starting page and I can not get past it or change anything as all the buttons are grayed out (a fix around this is disabling the "accelerated graphics option" however I can not get to that option in this machine as it is all grayed out
    I have tried disabling the accelerated graphics option, reinstalling the emulator, setting the hyperV adapters for the network for the emulator(which was a proposed fix but the hololens VM does not show up on the hyperV VM list so I was unable to do this) and also tried to change the emulator setting with the tools icon (even with this any changes I make to the simulation panel do not go through).

Does anyone have any help they can provide with setup using hololens 2 emulators and this issue, I am stuck here and do not really know how to get around this.

upload_2020-8-28_12-0-57.png

unityunity