Search Unity

HoloLens 2 Emulator input controls not working / Emulator not working

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by aditya_unity92, Aug 28, 2020.

1. aditya_unity92

aditya_unity92

I am trying to build and deploy a basic unity project to a hololens-2 emulator, however I am running into many issues with the emulator itself:

• The emulator (when I launch it from the windows start menu or from a unity build from visual studio) loads into the home screen and is stuck there - it takes no inputs from the keyboard mouse
    • On another machine I have the emulator is stuck on the OS is starting page and I can not get past it or change anything as all the buttons are grayed out (a fix around this is disabling the "accelerated graphics option" however I can not get to that option in this machine as it is all grayed out
    I have tried disabling the accelerated graphics option, reinstalling the emulator, setting the hyperV adapters for the network for the emulator(which was a proposed fix but the hololens VM does not show up on the hyperV VM list so I was unable to do this) and also tried to change the emulator setting with the tools icon (even with this any changes I make to the simulation panel do not go through).

Does anyone have any help they can provide with setup using hololens 2 emulators and this issue, I am stuck here and do not really know how to get around this.

upload_2020-8-28_12-0-57.png

2. RupesAU

RupesAU

I'm having the exact same issue, my specs are:
    b450-i rog strix
    ryzen 3700x
    5700xt red dragon gpu,

Did you manage to find a solution?

3. EdBlais

EdBlais

Unity Technologies

@RupesAU What version of Unity are you using and are you using the Windows Mixed Reality Package or are you using OpenXR? Also, are you using the Mixed Reality Toolkit (MRTK)?