Search Unity

Question Hololens 2 app crash due to terrain

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by SommerFranzi, May 27, 2020.

1. SommerFranzi

SommerFranzi

Hi,
    I am developing a skiing game for Hololens 2 in Unity 2018.4. The app is working without any issues as long as I deactivate the terrain. As soon as I activate the terrain, deployment to the Hololens device fails giving me the following error in UnityPlayer.dll:

Exception thrown at 0x71B03292 (UnityPlayer.dll) in Terrain.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000
    which looks like a null-pointer exception to me,
    along with these two exceptions:
    Exception thrown at 0x76CD972B in Terrain.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Il2CppExceptionWrapper at memory location 0x0258E2F0.
    Exception thrown at 0x76CD972B in Terrain.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Il2CppExceptionWrapper at memory location 0x0258EF20.

The name of the app is Terrain (for debugging).
    I have tried several things: Using only a tiny terrain, on the ground as well as at another position in space, because I saw that others have integrated small terrains floating in space in their Hololens 2 apps. I tried deactivating the collider and using different textures. Always the same error.

Has anyone of you faced a similar issue? Any ideas where the problem might come from?

I am very thankful for help of any kind!

Best regards,
    Franziska

2. SommerFranzi

SommerFranzi

Update from my side:
    I was not able to solve the problem. I switched to Unity 2019.3.15 and I haven't had any issues with that.