Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Holographic remoting player does not work

Discussion in 'VR' started by LusyAmazing, Jul 29, 2020.

1. LusyAmazing

LusyAmazing

I am using Unity 2020.1 and the XR Plugin Manager will always return connection failure: None.
    At the same time, I also tested Unity 2019.4 and mixed augmented reality, it will return an error: 7
    And Unity 2019.4 and XR Plugin Manager will also return the same error.
    But I can use the Remoting UWP provided by Microsoft to connect the device correctly.
    I am sure that there is no problem with my wifi and Hololens 2.
    I am using holographic remoting player 2.2.0
    I have tested various versions and settings, can anyone help me?

2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Error code 7 coincides with
    RemotingVersionMismatch
    I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the remoting player on your device and also check for Windows Mixed Reality package updates in the editor as well

3. Natzke

Natzke

Any luck? It's been too long since I had this working and I'm uncertain what is compatible anymore. Like to migrate to 2020.x, but seems unlikely (compatible for remoting... HL2)

4. LusyAmazing

LusyAmazing

thank you for your reply.
    I already know the reasons for all errors. But when I use 2019.3.7 + XR Plugin (2.2.0, 2.3.0, and 2.0.3), Remoting connect returned: True will appear and then it will report Connection Failure Reason: None, which bothers me very much.

5. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

That is interesting. If you create a brand new project and connect to your HoloLens does that reproduce? If so, can you create that project and file a bug report using that new project so we can investigate?

6. LusyAmazing

LusyAmazing

I am very willing to provide engineering and bug files, and I want to know how to generate or find bug reports.

7. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Under Help menu there is a button to report a new issue. It will ask a couple questions and then zip and attach the project you're currently in so we can use that project to reproduce your report in-house. We advise do not include any NDA sensitive information or files in these bug reports. You can go to https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/ for the full searcahble database so you can upvote any existing issues you encounter and find an existing report for. This will tend to bump the bug up in our priority list if it receives upvotes as opposed to reporting a duplicate of an existing bug