Search Unity

Question Holographic Remoting: Connection has been lost or closed by the remote side

Discussion in 'AR' started by Nick_98511, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Nick_98511

Nick_98511

With unity 2021.3.20f1 (LTS), I am trying to stream holographic content directly to the HoloLens 2 in real time using 'Holographic Remoting for Play Mode' option. To do so, I am using the Mixed Reality Toolkit (MRTK) 2.8.3 version and the OpenXR 1.7.0 plugin. The HoloLens 2 is connected using a USB-C cable to my workstation which contains an NVIDIA Quadro M1200 graphics card. The IP address of the HoloLens 2, displayed by the Holographic Remoting Player app, is entered under Remote Host Name and the Remote Host Port is 8265. The Holographic Remoting for Play Mode is then enabled. When pressing the play button, the HoloLens connects very briefly to my PC and displays the following error on the HoloLens in the Holographic Remoting Player app in red: Disconnected: "Connection has been lost or closed by the remote side". In the console of Unity comes the following error: Cannot establish a connection to Holographic Remoting Player on the target with IP Address: 169.254.222.68:8265. Also, after disabling the firewall on my PC this error continues to occur. Even tried connecting using Wi-Fi, without success. What could this be due to? Already thanks for providing suggestions! See the document for screenshots of errors and configured settings.

Attached Files:

2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies