Search Unity

'Holographic Emulation' window not connecting to HoloLens

Discussion in 'VR' started by mstiso, Oct 31, 2016.

1. mstiso

mstiso

Hi. I have the 5.5 beta installed, and I'm having trouble getting the Holographic Emulation component to connect to my HoloLens. My build settings are in one of the attached images, and the Emulation window is shown in the other. My player settings are set to support VR and have Windows Holographic as a device, the address I'm using for my HoloLens is correct, and I have the Holographic Remoting App up and running in my HoloLens. Despite that, the Emulator won't connect, and I get the error message shown in the 3rd image.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. build settings.PNG Emulator.PNG error message.PNG

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hello,

When you open the remoting app on the hololens it should show you the IP address needed to connect. Are you using that IP address? The IP address in the screen shot looks incorrect, because it looks like a local IP address. You might want to double check the IP address, and to see if you are connected to the wifi on the Hololens.

Thank you,
    Wesley

3. mstiso

mstiso

Hi. Yes, the IP listed in the remoting app is the same as that in the screenshot. If it makes a difference, it's also the same IP address I use when deploying a Unity build through Visual Studio to the HoloLens.

4. pfreese

pfreese

Unity Technologies

The Unreachable error code indicates that the Editor is not getting a response from the device at the specified IP address. Are you able to connect to the device with WebB?

5. mstiso

mstiso

Well, oddly, it's working now. The only thing I did differently was to install the HoloLens Companion App, which I discovered while googling 'WebB'. (I'm new to this stuff.)

6. Forrest-Trepte

Forrest-Trepte

One thing I have noticed in the Holographic Emulation window is that your focus must leave the Remote Machine field before your IP address setting is applied. If you enter a new Remote Machine address and then immediately press the Connect button then it won't work. Instead, after entering the Remote Machine address, press the Tab key, and then press the Connect button.

Edit: Additional information: This is a known bug and Unity devs are working on it. https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ess-doesnt-get-updated-if-enter-wasnt-pressed

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Dustin-Horne likes this.