Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Holographic Emulation not working on 5.6.0b9?

Discussion in 'VR' started by psfblair, Feb 21, 2017.

1. psfblair

psfblair

When I start Holographic Emulation (Simulate in Editor) I see the game window, but no room mesh. My memory usage climbs without stopping until I max out available memory (about 30 gigs).

Two unusual things about my setup:

1. I am running on a Windows Server 2016 Datacenter VM in the Azure cloud (so no Hyper-V available inside the VM).
    2. I currently don't have a game controller connected. (I'm also not sure what a game controller will do across an RDP connection to a remote server.)

Ideas?

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Can you provide a little more information? What version of unity are you running in that environment? It sounds like you might have the visualization mode for the Spatial Render set to occlusion, you might want to try and set it to Visualization mode.

Also, unity is not technical supported for running on VMs for this current setup.

You could try lowering the time for when the updates are deleted in the spatial render to see if that helps the issue.

3. psfblair

psfblair

I'm running 5.6.0b9 (sorry, I put it in the thread title but not in the body of the post).

I didn't even have a spatial mapping renderer in the scene; when I added it I could at least see the mesh. But it didn't at all affect the out-of-memory issue.

Since there doesn't seem to be any way to navigate using this set up it looks like I'll have to punt on using the VM for this purpose.

4. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Sorry I missed the version number in the title.

5. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies