Search Unity

Holographic Emulation in Editor room spatial rendering

Discussion in 'VR' started by marjan, Jan 11, 2018.

1. marjan

marjan

Hello, for some reason i am not able to use rooms in holographic Emulation any more. Neither with Unitys render components nor with mixed reality toolkit.

I have falls creators update installed and unity 2017.2.0f3 running (cannot go higher as i used a Version of mr toolkit only compatible with this and a color separation issue with later unity versions).

Build Settings is set to UWP / HoloLens. Playersettings have XR SDK set to Windows Mixed Reality and spatial perception is on. Holographic Emulation is set to "in editor", a room is selected. An XBOX Controller is connected.

Entering playmode lets me move the camera via the xbox Controller. But i never see one of those dummy rooms.

Also added a gameobject with "Spatial Mapping Renderer" and "Spatial Mapping Collider". But nothing happens. What did i miss or what is the Minimum Setup to see a room in the Editor?

Besides this the console often (but not always) gets flooded with:
    • Couldn't find spatial stage - we have to track as though we were stationary for our tracking space type, even though we should be at room-scale!
    • Current frame's back buffer doesn't exist! This should never happen, and this frame will likely be blank.

2. marjan

marjan

3. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Hi Marjan, are you using 2017.2.0f3 standard or the MRTP version of the editor? I have not heard of this issue so I would like some more info to see if we have a bug or not. To get your full version information, open the Help menu, select About Unity, then tap the Alt key on your board. It will expand the build info to something like this:

Version 2017.2.0f3 (46dda1414e51)
    Mon, 09 Oct 2017 16:54:55 GMT
    Branch: 2017.2/release​

4. marjan

marjan

After trying it yesterday half the day, for unkown reasons the room meshes of the Origami Scene show up today under:

Version 2017.2.0f3 (46dda1414e51)
    Mon, 09 Oct 2017 16:54:55 GMT
    Branch: 2017.2/release

Also works under 2017.2.1 - i didn´t Change anything. Need to check holotoolkit now.

5. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Interesting... keep me posted on whether you get things working. It could potentially be an issue with the project?? We don't have any affiliation with the HoloToolkit project, so we can't speak to its functionality or to bugs that happen in it. But if we have an issue with our components or API then obviously we can address that.