Search Unity

Holographic Emulation Hololens 2 - Not Tracking Hand Joints

Discussion in 'AR' started by Related-Sloth, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Related-Sloth

Related-Sloth

Hi All

I was previously able to get hand joint tracking to work when using the MRTK/MSBuild Holographic emulation, however since working from home and thus being on a different computer it has failed. Everything seems to match between the two systems.

I'm using
    Unity 2018.4.19 (I never got emulated hand-tracking to work on 2019)
    MSBuild 0.9.1
    WMR 1.0.19
    MRTK 2.3
    Hololens 2

MSBuild is appearing as an option on the top of the project window so everything seems to load in correctly.

Previously, hand tracking only worked 30-40% of the time when running a scene so perhaps that cause of failure (whatever that was) is now occurring 100% of the time?

I'm completely out of ideas and having to build and deploy for testing drops my productivity dramatically.

2. lc84529232

lc84529232

I am having the same problem on Unity 2019.3.7 and have no clue rightnow

3. lc84529232

lc84529232

4. Related-Sloth

Related-Sloth

Yes, i've gone through each suggested cause of the issue and everything seems to be correct but hand joints aren't tracking.

• DotNetWinRT.dll exists in the right place
    • MSBuild is installed (Now automatically set up by MRTK), appears in package manager as installed and the dropdown is in the Unity editor
    • DOTNETWINRT_PRESENT is in scripting define symbols
    • dotnet.exe is installed and in path.

5. joanneschat

joanneschat

I am having the same issue. Went through all of the suggested mitigation strategies in the official documentation as well. I've also tried both the Unity2018+MSBuild and Unity2019+NuGet strategies and am still failing.

In both cases, I successfully get Microsoft.Windows.MixedReality.DotNetWinRT.dll to build/download into ./Assets/Dependencies/net46. However, should it be fully namespaced like this?

6. janimator

janimator

I recently tried porting over my project to Unity 2019.4.11f1 using MRTK 2.4 . Even with a blank scene, I can't seem to get articulated hands to work. I have both Hand Mesh/Joint Visualization Modes set to Everything. I see nothing ontop of my hand. but I do see the generic Hand Pointer functioning none of the articulated hands seem to work.