Search Unity

Holograms not rendered after Hololens 2 is removed from my head

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by CalipsDZ, Aug 31, 2020.

1. CalipsDZ

CalipsDZ

Hi everyone!

I am using a Hololens 2 and the latest Vuforia with Unity3D.

I want to record a video while Vuforia is running (Through the Web portal of the HL2).
    I want to take several pictures where the headset is placed on different positions.

When I am wearing the headset the holograms are rendered normally and I can see them through the Live view on the portal.
    However when I remove the headset from my head, the holograms just disappear from the video.

I tried to reproduce this behavior with the 3D Viewer app (comes in default with HL2), the Holograms are still being rendered even if I am not wearing the device on my head.

Anyone knows what's the issue ? is this a Vuforia/Unity configuration ?

2. EdBlais

EdBlais

Unity Technologies

Hey CalipsDZ, when you take off the HMD, Windows presence status changes to Absent and Unity pauses. The HoloLens can still be on in this case, but when you capture video the app will be suspended. If you want the app to continue running when the HMD is taken off and presence is Absent, you'll need to make sure you enabled Run In Background in the Player Settings of your Unity app. This will allow Unity to continue running even if it's been backgrounded or if the HMD is removed.