Search Unity

Hologram within hologram

Discussion in 'VR' started by PerryGT, Jul 23, 2019.

1. PerryGT

PerryGT

Two quick questions for a newbie:

1) I'm trying to display a hologram within a hologram (a sphere within a human body contour). I've tried different settings int he mesh renderer but can't seem to get the inner sphere to show through the body contour.

2) I'm using Vuforia to initially track a cube and place a hologram of a human body in a specific world location. Once in that location I remove the cube leaving the hologram in place. The problem is that the cube, which is slightly extends outside the body contour, leaves a shadow/hole in my body contour. I need the hologram to be complete but I have not been able to find the correct settings again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Have you checked your occlusion settings for your object, might be a good start?

3. PerryGT

PerryGT

Yes I've tried multiple settings and shaders. To me the most logical is with dynamic occlusion turned off and the cast and received shadows also turned off. It doesn't seem to help. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the AR camera and switching between the Vuforia tracking and the tracking via spatial mapping.