Search Unity

"Hold on"

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by amitjsr255, Nov 30, 2021.

?

Hold On

1. Hold on

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Busy for

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. amitjsr255

amitjsr255

My unity version is 2021.2.4.f1 in unity beta hub 3.0.0-beta.6
    When I work something like create objects, scripting, play mode, adjusting settings..
    Mean... whatever I do showing "Hold On"

Please solve this problem...it's too irrelevant and I'm going full mad

Tip: "Hold on electric wire"

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

This should pop up when the Editor is busy doing or waiting for something to complete. Older Unity versions didn't do this, instead you'd just see the Editor interface freeze for that amount of time. Now it does this Hold On window to let you know it probably isn't frozen for good. There's mixed reactions as to whether this change was a good idea or not.

But as far as why you're seeing this all the time, it can be from several things. You could have editor scripts from assets you've added (or written yourself), which are chewing up a lot of CPU resources with every change. You could have sub-optimal computer hardware for a Unity project, making these changes you're doing take considerably longer for the Editor to complete than you'd see on better hardware. It is possible to use the profiler to profile the editor itself, which can reveal what the Editor is spending so much time doing, but hard to say from here without more information.

3. amitjsr255

amitjsr255

What is solution Mr Joe-Censored??