Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Hold On doesn't complete, command line reports, 'Aborted.' <SOLVED>

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jaynocats, Oct 9, 2017.

1. jaynocats

jaynocats

Splash screen loads and remains as 'Home' dialog box is open. When I go to start tutorial or start new project the "Hold On" bars fill until reaching 3/4 of the way thru on 'com.unity.ads@0.0.17/Editor/Resources/Editor/landscape.jpg' and the command line where I started with ./Unity reports, 'Aborted.'

Day one, first try, haven't seen anything beyond this point. Installed with UnitySetup-2017.3.0b1
    Linux Mint m17 3.13.0-24-generic x86_64 with KDE 4.13.0

2. Tak

Tak

Can you post your editor log? (~/.config/unity3d/Editor.log)

3. jaynocats

jaynocats

I can, but it is hundreds of lines with the final line:

[Unity Package Manager (Upm)] - Application terminated due to HTTP connection being closed on the other end.

I'll upload all of it next. Thanks for reply. -j

4. jaynocats

jaynocats

I uploaded the file. I moved the hdd to the original hardware that the os was installed on. Then I re-installed Unity on it. The file has similar contents, but much shorter.

Attached Files:

5. Tak

Tak

It looks like your driver may not support OpenGL 3.2 core profile.

jaynocats likes this.
  6. jaynocats

jaynocats

I checked. System was using 3.0. I wasn't able to upgrade it, reported that it was up to date. Checked drivers and it was using a generic driver, I think, it was xorg but recommended was Nvidia so I switched. It took a while, but when I checked version it was updated to 4.5 during the driver change. Started Unity and I am now looking at the new project in the workspace. Good clue, thanks!

7. randompast

randompast

Had 2017.3 installed, was crashing, tried other versions, settled for: unity-editor-2017.2.0f3
    Editor.log included
    Rewound to collaborator's commit, possibly versioning issues (with a mac running 2017.1 on an i5-4260U)?
    Projects started on this machine run fine.

Terminal output:
    $ unity
    (Unity:6360): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "oxygen-gtk",
    Aborted

Tried the deb package, it filled my root partition, uninstalled it and reinstalled it a few times with various methods. Opted for the shell script in my home partition, doesn't add menu options.

Same crashing symptom on hitting play in one particular project. Other project runs fine. This thread seemed to be the most relevant, apologies if it's not. I saw the comment about the core profile, tried to update mesa via: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/03/easy-way-install-mesa-17-0-2-ubuntu-16-04-lts

Hardware i5-3320M (HD4000), 16GB RAM, 20GB free space (with unity "installed").
    Possibly clashing with improperly uninstalled prior versions?

$ glxinfo | grep OpenGL
    OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
    OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Ivybridge Mobile
    OpenGL core profile version string: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 11.0.0-devel (git-56ebd33 2015-08-20 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
    OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 3.30
    OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
    OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
    OpenGL core profile extensions:
    OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 11.0.0-devel (git-56ebd33 2015-08-20 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
    OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
    OpenGL context flags: (none)
    OpenGL extensions:
    OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.0 Mesa 11.0.0-devel (git-56ebd33 2015-08-20 trusty-oibaf-ppa)
    OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00
    OpenGL ES profile extensions:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  8. Tak

Tak