Search Unity

Question Hold on (busy for 5-10 minutes)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by masta-yoda, Mar 1, 2021.

1. masta-yoda

masta-yoda

It started a few Unity Studio upgrades ago, I'm on 2020.2.x, and from time to time (like 10 times a day) when I hit ctrl+s the editor stuck with the following message, it can spend 5 minutes, sometimes 10, and it really annoying, I'm wasting my productivity for nothing, I can easily waste with this "Hold on" hours every day. What is going on with the editor and how to avoid it?

shot_210301_003414.png

2. PutridEx

PutridEx

From what I understood, this actually isn't a bug per say. I wasn't using unity a long time ago so I can't validate but,
    there's always been an unresponsive period of time when doing some things, like saving your c# code then pulling up unity.

The only difference is unity now tells you to wait visually. I'm not sure though, so anyone that has been using the 2019 version & experienced the recent version, should clarify if possible.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  3. masta-yoda

masta-yoda

Every time I tried to start the unity project, It was running something, eating my 32 GB of memory, and then everything was just slow. Even when I waited for this process to complete (which takes 30-40 mins), the studio was unusable. So I quit the editor, removed the Library, the Shader cache, and start again. On new start, it did the import one more time but after which everything was back to normal. Wasted so many hours, I hope the unity editor would be smarter about this.

4. noobietuber

noobietuber

bruh mines on 11:00

5. RichyHuang

RichyHuang

Try to delete the ”Library“ files folder and reopen unity

BenniKo likes this.