Search Unity

Hoarder - Side scrolling RTS game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by primus88, Jun 21, 2013.

?

Which of the map views you like best? Old one or the new one ?

1. Old version (the one with Unity terrain)

14.3%
  2. New version (the one with the map texture)

78.6%
  3. None (if you could give more detailed feedback)

7.1%
  1. primus88

primus88

New build is up.
    Also what windows are you playing with ?

2. Maklaud

Maklaud

Windows 7 x64.

3. primus88

primus88

Build updated ..again.
    Try now please. It had a small problem with activating first mission.

4. Maklaud

Maklaud

Sorry, can't do that now. Will try in the evening.

5. Maklaud

Maklaud

Finally, I can play this version! :)

Sorry, but again I stars from the things I don't like.

1. When I enter my name (New game), I would like to press Enter instead of that button to confirm.
    2. When I talk to Bozben, there is a button with his name. I don't think it should be a button, because it's possible to press it without the result. Make it a label or a texture.
    3. I like the dialogs and text appearing so much!!
    4. It would be nice not only to move the sound scroller, but also press somewhere withing the strip. I think you are able to do that, because you have done the similar thing in your mini map.
    5. After I just started the game, my Arcane Laboratory has a level: -1 :) Yes, "minus one".
    6. In the Evilpedia in the Minion section it would be nice to have their pictures instead of the buttons with their names, like in the Buildings and Spells sections.
    7. The lake behind the castle is ... dead. Make it alive! :) Maybe more interesting shape. Trees are also very similar to each other. Make them different.
    8. I like the new map a lot better, than the old one! But again (sorry, I really like colorful games) - make it more various. It's too yellow now. I would make it like a real piece of ground with green grass and blue water. And with all the buildings, texts which are already there.
    9. Wooow, I just started a new battle and I like that UI element on the top with metal parts, chains. But the textures on the bottom (wooden parts) are boring.
    10. There is a strange yellow rectangle behind the bottom UI.
    11. Mini map is also too yellow, and castles' icons are... they don't fit your game, I think.
    12. I see you have made your grass more green. I like it!
    13. I like you new Goblins instead of the old skeletons. They look cool! But again (sorry! :) ) I would make them more green. They are like "white" now.
    14. There is a strange effect, when the map is on the right (I mean when I see enemy's castle) and I press in the most right position of the mini map, then the main screen "jumps" and moves back. And enemy's castle also jumps.
    15. I like Goblin's animations (all of them - walking, fighting and death).
    16. Again - I would add a check box "Don't show any more" to all the help messages.

That's all at the moment :)

6. Foestar

Foestar

Very enjoyable! I wont give any advice because I already like the direction you're going. ^_^

7. primus88

primus88

Thanks for the feedback guys, specially Maklaud :)

Let's cover your well though out points :

1 and 2 , I see no problem, they take a couple of seconds to modify. Indeed most of the people are inclined to press Enter after they insert a text in an input space.

4. For the sound scroller it is not the same mechanic, even though it looks like it. I will check the NGUI forum to see if I can manage to implement your request.

5. Yes I played a little with the indicators. That is only visual bug, not mechanical :)

6. As soon as all the minions will be modeled I will add the icons. The buttons for now are only as placeholder :) It will look like the Buildings section in Evilpedia looks.

7. I'm constantly searching to improve the level design. I will get to it, no problem.

8. I will listen to more feedback regarding the map. Your taste in colors is personal and when subjection comes into play, more feedback is required :)

10. There is no way really to change the camera position because it is the main feature of a sidescroller. But, I can change the color, maybe black would work better than orange.

11. Colors and light are subject to change :)

13, 15 I'm glad you like the models. They will continue to be improved and work on the lighting is ongoing.

14. I know about it, but I don't know how to change it. Maybe I can smooth it out but that is the maximum of what it can be acieved. Unity doesn't allow more than that.

16. I will see how long it takes to implement such a system. The thing is that my GUI is distinct for each map, so I would had to make this change 22 times ! :)

8. Maklaud

Maklaud

I see...
    Of course, I understand that tell you only my single opinion :) Anyway - you lead. And comparing the current version with that old web player, I see you are on the right track. I really like the changes, and looking forward to the new build (... and more colors!.. :))) )

9. LightSource

LightSource

Glad to see your progressing, do you want a bug by bug summary like Maklaud or a synopsis? Also, the file size is getting a bit big, you might want to switch to a downloadable version.

10. primus88

primus88

You are right. The webplayer cannot hold the game any longer.
    I would love a bug by bug feedback :)

11. stephanvdw

stephanvdw

also mac please

12. Maklaud

Maklaud

I think it's impossible. Not everybody has a Mac computer. Some time ago I tried to make a build for Mac using my Windows (I work on a notebook with Windows), then I gave this build to a person who owns a Mac computer, but the game didn't work there. I don't know the reason, but maybe it's impossible to make a Mac build under Windows.

13. primus88

primus88

Mac version is available for download.
    Let me know if it works.
    I'm really curious :)

PS: i couldn't test it

14. primus88

primus88

Build with new models has been updated.

Try for yourself the goblin and orc minions !

15. Maklaud

Maklaud

Are you kidding? :) The first battle, level 1. Enemy's bowman killed my Orc Grunt with 3-4 shots and then killed my castle with 4-5 shots... Why?

Like the Orc Grunt, but didn't have enough time to look at him - he died quickly :))))

Update : it seems there was a strange bug. Now I see the Orc Grunt. I like his animation, but sometimes it has a strange shaking effect when he stays and then goes. And he also goes through the land.

Ogre Sniper is sooooo sloooooow!

Started the level 3 battle for the first time. Again, I like the background, but I think the hills should be higher.

I would add spells levels. E.g. level 1 - kill one enemy with the light or heal one unity with the healing, then level 2 - kill two enemies (if there are) or heal two units, etc.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  16. Foestar

Foestar

So after playing I have to say I love the main menu. The UI is great! I'm personally having trouble making such a smooth set of in game buttons in my projects. However, your hot keys seem to be on and off when it comes to working. Not sure why. But the first one you get (goblin) doesn't work at all for me period. Other than that, great work thus far!

17. Maklaud

Maklaud

I see an error in your Arcane Lab description - in the last line "Here you cain also ...".
    Goblin Barraks : in the last line "Alaso you gain...". And the same error for the next buildings.

18. Maklaud

Maklaud

You should rethink your spell casting. I had a situation - my Orcs were in front of the screen, and enemies were behind them. And I couldn't cast a lightning to kill enemies, because your Ray, I guess, tried to cast it on Orcs. It's easy to fix using tags or so - if a spell is "good" (healing), don't ray hit enemies, if a spell is "bad" (lightning or fire), don't ray hit your units.

19. primus88

primus88

Thanks for the feedback guys.

1. What you did so that the hotkeys weren't working? I haven't had a problem with them before.
    2. That is a known issue and I don't think I can't work pass it because my units already use a tag, and it's the same for all. I will look deeper into this though. Thanks for pointing it out.

20. Maklaud

Maklaud

I didn't have a hotkey problem. They don't work if it's not possible to cast a spell or to train a unit - either don't have gold or timer between training two units or unit limit.

21. Foestar

Foestar

I found that when I entered the first two levels the I key didn't work for the goblin, yet the spells hotkey in level 2 did. When I went back to level 1 it worked, but only that one time. After that, it never worked again. The spells were fine though. Only the units tab seems to be off.

22. primus88

primus88

What you mean by I key? To train the goblin you need to press 1.

23. Maklaud

Maklaud

Actually, I had the same problem. Your "1" looks like "i" in the game :)

24. primus88

primus88

There is no way to change how the number looks. If it is that missleading I can just remove the tooltip entirely.
    Though didn't it felt natural to try the numeric keys? It's basically like an RPG action bar.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  25. Maklaud

Maklaud

No, I think it's a bad decision. Tooltips are useful sometimes.

No, when you have only Goblins to train and you see only this tip, it looks like "I". But then you have some other minions and see "2", "3" and then understand that was "1". :)

26. primus88

primus88

This reminds me somehow of Diablo 2, with it's font. Took me a while to understand the values :)
    I really like the font the game has now and I would not change it only for the problem with 1. I will leave it like this to see what happens.

27. Maklaud

Maklaud

Yes, I agree with you. I like this font, too. But I think you should use it everywhere - e.g. main menu doesn't use this font, if I'm not mistaken.

28. primus88

primus88

First of all, sorry everyone for going quiet with updates these last 2 weeks.
    I had to finish the college master degree and now I'm free again.
    Do not worry, I did put some serious work in the game development though :)

Hoarder Alpha 10 - Update -

Change log :

- Minor bug fixes and improvements all around including the GUI.
    - Added new unit models for the goblin and orc grunt.
    - Added the final gameplay mechanic, the challenge mode.
    - Getting ready for the Desura Alpha launch.

New video, now with narration, using my beautiful voice :) :
    [video=youtube_share;l3nNtOUX4BI]http://youtu.be/l3nNtOUX4BI

29. primus88

primus88

Any feedback would be nice. Thank you!

30. jmatthews

jmatthews

You can cast a ray that hits multiples.

Physics.RaycastAll and then query by name or an interface.

31. primus88

primus88

You mean to search by name or tag of object?

32. jmatthews

jmatthews

The easier solution would be to put the mobs in a separate physics layer, then you can cast into that specific layer. Barring that, you do a RayCastAll which will return an array of colliders I think, and from there you either sort by name or sort by looking into the game object and finding the right interface(I'm not sure what kind of data structure you're using for the mobs)

If it's throwing you post the data structure and I'll hack it out for you real quick.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  33. Maklaud

Maklaud

My congrats! :)

Did you update the link in the first post? If so, I will try to play a bit later.

34. Euphoric

Euphoric

I have been watching this for a couple weeks now. This is looking like it has allot of potential. Solid development so far, cant wait to see more.

35. primus88

primus88

I'm preparing the last version of alpha. After I polish i enough I think I will launch the game on Desura.
    Wasn't very active lately because I mostly focused on left bugs. Bug fixing isn't that exciting to show :)
    I will keep you guys posted.

36. primus88

primus88

A brand new main menu and more music and sfx were added to the game!

[video=youtube_share;DZzTWtomCow]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZzTWtomCow

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  37. Maklaud

Maklaud

The new main menu looks great, but I think the back music doesn't suit your game - it's more fantasy, like in fables.

38. LightSource

LightSource

39. primus88

primus88

Thanks guys for the feedback.
    Interesting suggestions LightSource. I will change the font in the main menu and post pictures with how it looks with each font.
    I think it will be easy then for people to see which looks consistent with the overall atmosphere.

40. Euphoric

Euphoric

The main menu looks and sounds great. Maybe playing with fonts might help as suggested by LightSource but great job.

41. virror

virror

Cool game, played until lvl 13 with all buildings built : )
    Like the fact that you can see your minions building tents and stuff.
    Few things:
    -No feedback on how much money is earned?
    -No names on the artifacts : p
    -Would be nice to be able to zoon out and see your tower, its a bit to big atm
    -Boss 4 is impossible : p

42. primus88

primus88

Thanks guys for your feedback!
    The new version is greatly enhanced compared to the one currently opened to the public.
    But, virror, you did make some good points.
    I will look into the money income thing and the camera zoom for the tower. The ideas sound pretty sweet :D

Boss 4 and 5 are supposed to be hard basically require you to plan ahead the entire battle. Each require a certain strategy to complete it.
    I made them hard since you are not forced to defeat them in order to advance in the campaign. So it will be more as a personal challenge for the player.

43. primus88

primus88

Ok guys,

What you think about these fonts:

1. Dalelands

2. Goudy

3. Magic Medieval

4. Ring

Also, please preview my Indigogo campaign and tell me what you think:

Hoarder - IndieGoGo

44. LightSource

LightSource

I personally like the second and the last.
    Wonderful job so far, I'm looking forward to the next build.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  45. jmatthews

jmatthews

Looking great primus88, did you get your raycast issue settled?

46. primus88

primus88

Not yet jmatthews. I have some problems translating the code to my script as it is depended to other elements in the script.
    Are you interested in checking it out?

On a side note, I would like to inform the Unity community that the long awaited Indiegogo campaign is now live:
    Check out our IndieGoGo campaign:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hoarder

I've seen other campaign advertisement on the forums here, but If a moderator does considers this bad, please let me know. I will remove it ASAP.

Thanks guys for the wonderful support! Best community ever! :D

47. primus88

primus88

I thought it would be a good occasion to share some of the background story, prior to the events in Hoarder.

The nameless Evil Lord is one of the four brothers which came from the depths of Hell to terrorize the human lands. He ruled with an iron fist for centuries the Kingdom of Eternal Spring with the help of his minions.

The general belief is that initially the goblins were the first minions to serve an Evil Lord. It is said that, Glen Dragonsbottom, a goblin shaman, was the first to cut the magic veil that separates the underworld from the overworld, offering passage for the Four Brothers of Doom.
    For centuries Evil worked it's ways to enslave the lands and there was a time when darkness was everywhere, but the balance of Evil and Good was upset. From the oppressed humans rise five brave souls, five heroes to fight against unjustice and tyranny.

Little Timmy, a very massive and courageous farmer, came from the great plains near Goblin Caves. He was so big that no minion dared attack him.

Leeroy Pandragon, a seasoned war veteran which came from the lands around the Red Lake. Since early childhood, he was bath in a special concoction which rendered him immune to spells.

Svalinn Longreach, the best of all archers from the famous eastern Dra'kar desert. He could snipe the tiniest target from a great range with his legendary siege bow.

Avidus Iscariot, a brilliant mind that invented the first steam golem. This construct was virtually immune to any weapon and could hurdle huge rocks at Evil's ramparts.

Agrella Bathory Sunspear, probably the most powerful hero of them all. Dedicating her life to please the gods of light she was blessed with magic powers that were a challenge to the Evil Lords themselves.

Together, the five brave heroes marched against the hordes of Evil until there was nothing left to conquer. With one last great effort, the humans breached into the Dark Tower, the seat of power for Evil in the Kingdom of Eternal Spring. They took the countless riches amassed in the tower's treasury and powerless to slay him, they imprisoned the Dark Lord.

Two centuries passed since these events. The long peace took its toll on the humans. The heroes got lazy and old, the people forgot about the glory days and the oppression days. The great artifacts plundered from the tower are lost in the fog of time.

One other thing is forgotten. The most important thing of them all, which should have never been forgotten. The Dark Lord, imprisoned in the catacombs of the, now ruined, Dark Tower. Our story begins when Bozben, the great-great-great grandson of Glen Dragonsbottom, finds a way to release his Dark Lord from imprisonment...

This is the background story. I hope you enjoyed it and we welcome you to check out our IndieGoGo campaign if you haven't yet!

Check out our IndieGoGo campaign:
    Indiegogo.com
    Hoarder Official site: www.hoarder-game.com
    Like Hoarder on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hoarderthegame

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  48. GoldenSkullArt

GoldenSkullArt

Wow man, that is an incredible project! I envy your programming skills. All that work in the UI and Game logic! Impressive stuff, I am very curious about the progress!

49. primus88

primus88

Hey Max. Thanks for checking out this project.
    Sadly, at this moment I was forced to have it on hold because there weren't enough funds to sustain the modeling of units (16 characters needed to be modeled).
    Fear not, because programming wise the game is pretty much finished and when I will have enough cash I will launch the game.

Meanwhile you can also check Blinding Dark, the other game in my signature. It is going strong at moment and approaching launch!

50. bsminh63

bsminh63

Chăm sóc hậu phẫu sau khi nâng mũi là yếu tố vô cùng quan trọng, quyết định dáng mũi mới của bạn có vào form chuẩn, lên dáng như ý hay không.

Nâng mũi TFORM giờ đã trở thành lựa chọn hàng đầu của chị em thời thượng khi quyết định thay đổi dáng mũi của mình. Ngay sau 45 phút phẫu thuật, khách hàng đã có thể cảm nhận rõ ràng sự khác biệt ở chiếc mũi cũng như toàn bộ gương mặt. Tuy nhiên, để kết quả thẩm mỹ được duy trì và đảm bảo dáng mũi lên form chuẩn đòi hỏi quá trình chăm sóc hậu phẫu chính xác, cẩn thận.

Nẹp cố định trong 1 tuần đầu tiên sau nâng mũi

Thời gian đầu sau khi nâng mũi, cấu trúc xương còn yếu và dễ xô lệch, vì vậy nẹp mũi sẽ có tác dụng giữ cho dáng mũi ổn định và nhanh chóng vào form.

Trong thời gian này, chỉ 1 tác động nhỏ cũng dễ dàng khiến cho dáng mũi mới bị lệch vẹo, biến dạng, ảnh hưởng tới kết quả thẩm mỹ. Do đó, việc đeo nẹp liên tục trong vòng 7 ngày đầu tiên sau khi nâng mũi mà không nên tháo ra với bất kỳ lý do gì là vô cùng quan trọng.

Nẹp mũi sẽ có tác dụng giữ cho dáng mũi ổn định và nhanh chóng vào form.

Chườm đá liên tục trong 1-2 ngày đầu tiên

Tình trạng sưng nề, bầm tím là một trong những dấu hiệu ai cũng gặp phải sau khi thực hiện bất kì ca phẫu thuật nào. Tùy cơ địa từng người mà thời gian sưng nề sẽ nhanh hay chậm.

Chườm đá nhẹ nhàng, liên tục xung quanh vùng phẫu thuật giúp giảm nhanh tình trạng sưng tấy. Sau khoảng 3-5 ngày, hiện tượng này sẽ hoàn toàn biến mất và dáng mũi sẽ nhanh chóng ổn định như ý.

Lưu ý không nên chườm đá trực tiếp hoặc để nước đá dính vào vết thương.

Tránh nước vào vùng phẫu thuật

Vùng phẫu thuật luôn trong tình trạng khô ráo. Tốt nhất là bạn chỉ nên lau mặt bằng khăn ướt và tuyệt đối không được rửa mặt bằng nước.

Cần tuyệt đối tránh nước vào vùng phẫu thuật sau khi nâng mũi

Kiêng các loại đồ ăn gây sẹo

Sai nâng mũi nên hạn chế những loại thực phẩm có thể gây đau nhức và để lại sẹo lồi tại vùng phẫu thuật như: thịt gà, rau muống, trứng, thịt bò, hải sản, đồ nếp, chất kích thích như café, bia rượu, đồ cay nóng.

Thay vào đó, rau xanh, hoa quả chứa nhiều vitamin giàu chất xơ sẽ tăng cường sức đề kháng, thúc đẩy quá trình hồi phục nhanh hơn.

Ngủ ở tư thế nằm ngửa

2 tuần đầu tiên sau khi nâng mũi cần hạn chế nằm nghiêng khi ngủ vì có thể khiến mũi bị lệch vẹo. Bạn nên sử dụng 2 chiếc gối chặn ở hai bên tai để giữ cho cơ thể ổn định trong tư thế nằm ngửa, tránh mọi tác động tới vùng mũi mới phẫu thuật.

2 tuần đầu tiên sau khi nâng mũi cần hạn chế nằm nghiêng khi ngủ vì có thể khiến mũi bị lệch vẹo

Thời gian sau đó, bạn có thể nằm nghiêng nhưng hãy lưu ý đổi chiều cân bằng, tránh việc chỉ nằm nghiêng về một phía. Ngoài ra, việc kê cao đầu khi ngủ sẽ giúp vết bầm tín tan nhanh hơn.

Tránh va chạm mạnh

Để tránh mũi bị tổn thương, biến dạng trong thời gian này, bạn cần hạn chế hoàn toàn các hoạt động thể thao hay vận động mạnh. Mọi va chạm dù là nhỏ nhất đều có nguy cơ ảnh hưởng tới kết quả thẩm mỹ mũi.

Không được đeo kính sau khi nâng mũi

Một nguyên tắc quan trọng trong quá trình chăm sóc mũi sau khi nâng là không nên đeo kính và trang điểm tối thiểu trong 1 tuần đầu.

Nên tránh ánh nắng trực tiếp chiếu vào mặt, vì ánh sáng sẽ ảnh hưởng đến sắc tố da, tạo thành vết thâm, nhất là trong thời gian vùng mũi đang sưng tấy sau phẫu thuật. Do đó, khi ra ngoài bạn phải đeo khẩu trang, đội mũ cho đến khi dáng mũi ổn định.

Không nên đeo kính và trang điểm tối thiểu trong 1 tuần đầu sau khi nâng mũi

Sau phẫu thuật, bạn sẽ được bác sĩ hướng dẫn chi tiết cách chăm sóc hậu phẫu. Cần tuân thủ chính xác chỉ định của bác sĩ và tiến hành tái khám thường xuyên để được chăm sóc tốt nhất.

Khi lựa chọn Nâng mũi TFORM Thái Lan tại Dr. Bạch Sỹ Minh, 100% quá trình phẫu thuật đều được thực hiện bởi bác sĩ chuyên khoa thẩm mỹ mũi chuyên sâu, được đào tạo bài bản về lĩnh vực thẩm mỹ mũi tại Thái Lan lâu năm.

Để có thêm thông tin về chăm sóc hậu phẫu sau khi Nâng mũi TFORM, liên hệ trực tiếp với Dr. Bạch Sỹ Minh:

Hotline: 0944 499 666