Search Unity

HMD rotation issues with SteamVR

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Chris_Williamson, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Chris_Williamson

Chris_Williamson

Hi I've got a wierd issue with the rotation of my HMD with a steamVR project.

I created the project on my home computer and everything is fine. When I brought the executable into work, when I run it, if I look in one direction (lets say 'North') the HMD works fine, if I rotate the HMD to the east, the view tilts wierdly, and now tilting my HMD 'rolls' the camera and rolling the HMD 'tilts' the camera - like the X&Y axis have been reversed.

I've loaded up unity on this same machine to see if I could reproduce it, and just creating a blank steamVR scene exhibits the same issue on this computer. SteamVR apps and Stingray all seem fine, it just seems to be Unity...

In addition I've just noticed as I turn my head in the scene, if I turn it 90 degrees the virtual camera turns 180 degrees. If I delete the camera rig and just put in a normal unity camera everything works fine

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  2. natesena

natesena

Did you ever get this sorted? Have the same issue.

3. Anduil

Anduil

I'm having this issue as well (specifically the part where the virtual environment is rotating faster than the physical headset, which is pretty disorienting). Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet?

4. skrtskit

skrtskit

having the issue now as well, anyone found a fix?

5. Matt_D_

Matt_D_

Are you using a non uniform scale on the camera?