Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

HLAPI for New Multiplayer System?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by keop, Mar 8, 2019.

1. keop

keop

Hello,

I'm just starting a new multiplayer project, it's going to need simple communication between one server and multiple clients, so I though UNet HLAPI would be a great option... until I noticed it is going to be deprecated and Unity is developing a new Multiplayer system (don't know if it has another commercial name): https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/multiplayer.

So, my question is if is there any kind of High Level API for this new Multiplayer System?

For my project needs it's even valid some kind of plugin which encapsulate the "hard code" into something more simple. I'm serching for it on the asset store but I couldn't find it.

2. Avalin

Avalin

There's no HLAPI made available by Unity as of yet if that's what you're asking. You're better off using some of the other API's made available such as Photon or Mirror it seems. It will probably be a while before Unity releases something useful.

3. keop

keop

I'm aiming initially to a LAN networking solution (no internet/WAN). Which product can you recomend me?
    I also heared about "Forge Networking Remastered", but I have no experience at all with any of these.

4. franMx

franMx

I tried Forge when it was a commercial product, never got far away because a lack of tutorials (other than basics) and as networking is complex (specially as I'm not a programmer) I was discouraged. It seems they added tutorials and their discord channel now have helpful people.

I'm currently using mirror, because I found it to be easier to grab (for me), as there is more material and their discord channel is friendly too.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019