Search Unity

Games Hitman style TPS stealth game project / Semi-dynamic cover, clothing, minimap etc.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by deneme09, Jun 26, 2018.

1. deneme09

deneme09

Hi my friends. Firstly, I'm sorry for my bad English. I'm only 15 years old and my native language isn't English. So, I can make some wrongs.

This is my Hitman style stealth game project. There are semi-dynamic cover system, clothing system and advanced minimap system, currently.

Semi-Dynamic Cover System
    I said semi-dynamic, because it is generate valid covers in start but isn't updating them in runtime. There is rolling in the system. You can roll to other covers.

Clothing System
    When I add enemies, this system will be hide player from enemies. There are only 3 clothes(suit, athletic, casual), for now. I'll add new clothes.

Advanced Minimap System
    My minimap system is shaped circular. There is icon-clamping in the system. In example, main mission is showing in the minimap always. But optional missions are showing in minimap when we are near to them.
    There is customizable object showing in the system. This is used to show only necessary objects with any colors. There is also up-down system. In example, if your target is higher than you, its icon is changing with up arrow.

... I'll add some enemies, weapons, etc. in soon.

VIDEO

What do you think about my project, annnnd....mm.....my bad English :D

BitGamey likes this.
  2. Runemark

Runemark

It looks nice so far.
    The only thing I'm aware of is at 1:29. It looks little weird that the character crouches behind a 2m heigh wall. You should check the wall height and only allow crouch when it's shorter than the character. Or you can add a new type of animation (back on the wall type of cover)

3. deneme09

deneme09

Thank you. Yes, you're right. It is equal to our height. Today, I write height detector and it works. But I don't have any animations for now. I'll download some cover animations from Mixamo, and I'll try apply animations.

4. astracat111

astracat111

Very interesting, I'm thinking that the next thing to do will be to add an AI. I haven't played any Hitman games, but I have played a lot of early Metal Gear Solid games, so I'd expect it would go in that direction? It looks like you've got the perfect test level for this, you could make generally the entire game right here in tests before moving on to creating levels.

deneme09 likes this.
  5. deneme09

deneme09

Thank you astracat111. You are thinking true, firstly I'll add some weapons, then AI. I have an old project. I wrote a melee AI for it. I'll convert that to ranged-weapon AI, then use it for this.

6. TheRealMeliodas

TheRealMeliodas

I cant see it?