Search Unity

HiRiz is complete!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by brandon, May 26, 2008.

1. brandon

brandon

Waiting on shockwave to review it, but heres the base version of the game on a crappy server.
    http://freewebs.com/bhamric/hirizlevelstest/completedhiriz.html

It'll be a while before you see any more work from me because this was made in the last week of my trial. Now I have to save up to buy pro :D Maybe unity will have it in their heart to extend my trial ;)

Heres a random pic of it...

By the way, I didn't test all of the emulations, but on older hardware the game has a much different look since the reflections, refractions, and glow doesnt work on old hardware, but its an interesting look anyway.

2. Colin Holgate

Colin Holgate

I would vote for you getting a free copy. Your thing showed up a couple of problems though: The buttons and fields are in the wrong place in full screen. It also crashed Safari after a minute or so of playing.

3. brandon

brandon

Yea, I'll change the fullscreen, the version I sent to shockwave has the fullscreen turned off on the html page, as far as the lock up, I've never seen it, let me know if it happens again and when if you can. Thanks

4. nickavv

nickavv

It's fun, and challenging. Nice work my friend. :)

5. Colin Holgate

Colin Holgate

I'm not sure if I can stand the jazz music long enough! I'm at level 10...

6. Colin Holgate

Colin Holgate

Level 11 was slightly tricky, as was level 8. A Save feature would be nice, level 12 is looking demanding!

7. brandon

brandon

Yea, I REALLY need to put a save feature in, perhaps when I get another license of unity I will update it on whatever site its on.

8. Colin Holgate

Colin Holgate

Is level 14 actually possible to complete?

9. brandon

brandon

Lol yea, the right side, if you put two horizontal blocks on top of eachother and then use the weight from the top one to slide the bottom one over as far as possible, then use other blocks as weight to slide the top block out. Haha just wait til u get to around 19 ;)

10. brandon

brandon

All of them are possible btw lol. we had a final level that required 15 layers of blocks on the left, but once you got to the top, which was wayyyy above the clouds, the blocks started wobbling alot and sometimes you couldnt finish it, so we cut that level.

11. EducaSoft

EducaSoft

nice game

12. psychicparrot

psychicparrot

Awesome! I see it's come on a long way since the first versions you posted up :)

I think this is a great little game ... nice job and I hope you can get the cash together for Unity soon, as I'd love to see what you could do over a longer period of time. I can't believe you put this together so quickly (just on the trial) - it's great!

I would be very suprised if Unity wouldn't extend your trial period. Drop a nice e-mail to them and see what they say ... they're very cool guys!

Hope to see you here again soon.