Search Unity

Hiring for otee

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taumel, Nov 16, 2005.

1. taumel

taumel

Hi,

i've just read that you are hiring someone for the dev-team. Congratualtions to this one. Now my question is does that mean that there hasn't been much further development in these areas (pc: plugin&runtime) till now?

I also would appreciate to have somekind of idea when the next update with which enhancements will come out. This has been requested before and doesn't mean that it has to be 100% right time and featurewise. But it would be important to have somekind of mid-term-perspective.

Thanks Greetings,

taumel

2. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

The line still is: no release-announcements before we release the beta (at which point there shouldn't be a long wait for a release candidate and then a release).

Apart from bugfixes described in various places in the forum, we can't promise any specific features... mostly so as not to keep the flexibility we need to make solid releases.

As you noticed we're also looking to extend our team to find someone who can focus solely on the Windows-side of things. What I unfortunately can promise is that an IE plug-in won't be in Unity 1.2. It isn't ready yet.

3. taumel

taumel

Hi David,

thanks for the answer.

>>>The line still is: no release-announcements before we release the beta (at which point there shouldn't be a long wait for a release candidate and then a release).<<<

And exactly this is the problem for contract work as negotiations for projects could start months before. I would appreciate if you can think this strategy over as it could make thumbs up or down for doing a job with unity.

Greetings,

taumel