Search Unity

HingeJoint2D Angle Constraints are broken in 2019.3.14f1

Discussion in '2D' started by quitebuttery, May 28, 2020.

1. quitebuttery

quitebuttery

I just upgraded my Unity 2019.1.8f1 project to 2091.3.14f1 and everything looked fine...but then upon a closer look, I discovered all of our HingeJoint2D angle limits are broken. In 2019.3.14f1, Unity does not take the starting rotation on the Z axis of the gameobject into account when using angle limits. If I put my upper limit at 0 and lower limit at 60, it appears to just clamp the rotation at those absolute angles instead of adding the starting angle of the joint to those constraints.

If I add the Z axis starting rotation to the upper limit and subtract it from the lower limit, it kind of works as it did before. But this is ridiculous.

This is a game breaking bug for me. Will this be fixed?

2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

I'm not aware of any changes in this area. Is there a chance you can either send a bug report with a simple reproduction case or if you DM me your email I can create a secure workspace where you can upload it and I can take a look.

3. quitebuttery

quitebuttery

@MelvMay -- DM'ed you. It's easier if I add you to Collab to check it out. But there's so many platform specific plugins that it might just be easier to screen share to show you the prob before/after the upgrade.