Search Unity

Question hinge got struggled from multiple collision

Discussion in 'Physics' started by dlghtmd1224, Dec 11, 2023.

1. dlghtmd1224

dlghtmd1224

asdfasfs.gif

I was making a door that got pushed by bullets

and yeah it worked for a single rifle but the doors start twitching when it shoted by a shotgun. ( when hit the inside of door it has more twitching )

I guess probably multiple collisions at short time cause it but I don't know how to fix it.

2. MelvMay

MelvMay

Unity Technologies

Well joints are like anything else, they're not magic so if you're not controlling the amount of force you're applying (maybe these things are travelling at the speed of sound or other crazy?) with this "shotgun" impacts then you'll not be able to control it. It's a simulation in the end so everything has to be fairly reasonable. Maybe you're also just using the default solver iterations etc too.

They also look like they're overlapping too so potentially using discrete collision detection.

There's lots you can configure.

3. dlghtmd1224

dlghtmd1224

ok um i set a bullets to 0.001 mass and door to 100000 mass but its still same
    and its a 2d game so i set up a velocity/position iterations to 1000 each but i dont feel any differences.
    setting discrete was not worked.

I think the problem occurred when another collision was placed on between of hinge and the door.

asdadad.PNG

when i shoot a ok area door works great, and shoot a twitch area door starting detaching & twitching ( even with a single pellet rifle or player*has collider* moved to and rubbed that area ) .

Attached Files: