Search Unity

Games Hijack Overdrive: a 2.5D platformer/shootemup (demo available)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Steven-1, May 23, 2020.

1. Steven-1

Steven-1

I'm working on Hijack Overdrive, an action packed Side-Scroller that combines 2D Platforming and Shootemup action, with GTA- and Tower Defense-like twitsts.

With an ever-changing fleet, made of vehicles you have to acquire yourself, you alone fight off against an evil army of invading bad guys and monsters!

Edit: new build here: https://gamingstef.itch.io/hijack
    It's a windows build, just unzip it somewhere on your computer and run the .exe

In this game you can hijack any and all enemy vehicles and use them against themselves.

You’re constantly on the move, stealing different vehicles, creating a small fleet on the fly, all while dodging enemy fire.

---------

It's still early in development, but I would like to get as much feedback as possible. So feel free to test the game, and share your opinion on it with me here, or on twitter: @HijackOverdrive

A lot of features and content is ofcourse missing in this demo.
    Aside from a lot more levels (and monsters and vehicles), the full game will also have:
    - a story
    - boss-fights
    - various level objectives
    - a garage:
    • all hijacked vehicles that survive a level will be added there
    • vehicles in your garage can be used in missions, often optional, but sometimes necessary
    • every vehicle type has it's own unique challenge mission (Try to collect them all!)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    ARLTB likes this.
  2. Steven-1

Steven-1

3. ARLTB

ARLTB

Hello. I think it's good. It looked a bit boring/repetitive in the video but it was fun playing it. And it has cool music and art, and it's unique. But I don't think the explosions look very good but I don't know, they look ok I guess.

Steven-1 likes this.
  4. ARLTB

ARLTB

Oh sorry I just realized you're not finished with the graphics. Never mind about the explosions then.

5. Steven-1

Steven-1

hey, thanks for playing and giving feedback!
    yeah, that seems to be a problem, the game looks waaay slower (and as a result, boring) than it actually is when you play. I need to find a way to make it look better.
    You can comment on the graphics you see in the videos, it's just that in the demo there are levels with white cubes on black backgrounds, and these still need proper graphics, but everything you see in the videos is more or less what I'm going for.

ARLTB likes this.
  6. Steven-1

Steven-1

New clip:

7. Steven-1

Steven-1