Search Unity

Highly inconsistent eCPM, 28k downloads, 10k installs, 2k DAU, 1.8k ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by jayanthg, Jun 14, 2016.

1. jayanthg

jayanthg

Hi All,

I am highly unsatisfied with the inconsistent eCPMs I am experiencing. As you can see from the files I have attached, my eCPM varies from $1-$6 and on one day it even shot up to $11 (don't have screenshot for that).

With 2k DAU and 1.8k ads, it means I am showing on an average 1 ad per user per day.

Why does the eCPM vary so much though I am not plundering users with ads?

2. Wupeixun

Wupeixun

I have recently asked a similar questions about revenue problem, but unity ads team doesnt seem to respond , this worries me. it seems they dont respond to questions that involves "giving out money" to the developers.

3. Jarrettl

Jarrettl

I know this is an old thread, but it seems like it hasn't been answered sufficiently.

The eCPM is always an estimate and takes into account the user actions and the value of the ads shown (based on product being advertised, geographic locations, etc.).

If a user views an ad and skips it, this is a low value view.

If a user views a full video, this is a slightly higher value view.

If a user installs the app being advertised, this is a much higher value view and is what the advertiser is ultimately paying for. Some ads offer higher CPI values (cost per install) than others. If a user installs a high CPI app from an ad, you may see spikes at low impression volumes.

The eCPM is not cut and dry, it will vary until you high a much higher impression rate to accurately determine an average value of viewers.

JeffDUnity3D likes this.